Your Favorite Dice Doctor Play?

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

stratocasterman

Your Favorite Dice Doctor Play?

Post by stratocasterman » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:16 pm

I recently picked up a Kindle copy of "The Dice Doctor by Sam Grafstein...another highly interesting read, along with Heavy's and MP's books. I have completely enjoyed all of these guys books and am much better at the craps game/DI because of them! Also, the member postings here are terrific as well. I say a true "Thank You" to everyone.

I've read most all of Heavy's, MP's and others on the Forum strategies here. I"m interested in knowing, what's your favorite Dice Doctor strategy and why it is a favorite of yours?

Additionally, Sam's description of qualifying a shooter, IMHO, seems to be lacking but, maybe it IS the overall consensus. A shooter that either rolls a Natural on the CO roll OR makes a PL on the first hand. Do you agree with this qualification or is yours different?

Michael
What Heavy said...
"Get in, get up, get gone"

acpa

Re: Your Favorite Dice Doctor Play?

Post by acpa » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:33 am

I use his approach on other shooters and like it.

Noah

London Shooter

Post by London Shooter » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:02 am

Can't say I have one play I like best, but his book is a favourite read of mine with regard to craps, especially when I was starting out, given the variety of suggestions he put forward. Add in solid discipline and money management and many of his plays are worthy of anybody's time.

The CO winner or making a pass is a way I will use to qualify shooters often. Essentially though, it doesn't matter what you do. I just like a systematic way to make sure I am not betting on everybody at the table, but I want to be betting enough shooters to have my head in the game. 5 count, inside number, repeater, two box numbers, wait two rolls after point established and so on. Qualification is just a crop thinning exercise to keep your money off the table and help you preserve your bankroll for when you and other DIs shoot. Well that's the theory anyway :)

Bankerdude80

Post by Bankerdude80 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:47 pm

acpa wrote:I use his approach on other shooters and like it.
Same here.
"Take the Money and Run...."
- Steve Miller Band

DanF

Post by DanF » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:12 am

You know... even the best DI sometimes PSO on axis.
I like to have a pass line going on them but still wait 3rd roll to make any type of spreading bet...or then I take 3 come bets and drop odds when third is in place.

DanF

Post by DanF » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:10 am

Or to be tricky... pass for 10, come for 15, and come for 10. Gives you a 5$ win on pso. And they add up overtime.