Dealers Intentional Interference

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

mastercrapsman

Dealers Intentional Interference

Post by mastercrapsman » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:52 pm

We all read and/or experienced Dealers intentionally employing distractions in order to somewhat diminish and/or halt
the hot shooters concentration and table's positive energy. From filling chips, bank count, constantly barking to hit the backwall when one dice misses (I was reading a website of a former crap Dealer that we just need one dice to hit the wall) and the Pit Boss watching or making conversation, etc. Myself, I have experienced a subtle Stickman's MO of partially blocking my line of sight to the end wall with part of his body.

What should be the DI's counter measures? What would you ask the Stickman to do when he is blocking your line of sight?

acpa

Re: Dealers Intentional Interference

Post by acpa » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:18 pm

The first thing I would do would be to ask the offending dealer to bring down the dealer bet I had up for them.

Noah

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:53 pm

I used to let that stuff bother me. These days I just change my landing zone. I'll toss into the turn next to the dealer on the other end if I need to. Now, if the stickman does something stupid like hit my hand with the stick intentionally then we're going to have a problem. I'd complain to the box, the pit, and (if not satisfied with their response) the police. Let's face it. If the guy deliberately hits you that's assault. On camera.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

rhythm roller

Post by rhythm roller » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:38 am

Either work around it or I find another table or time to play. Usually if they see that they can't bother me then they will back off and stop doing it. Some of the stuff you mentioned I wouldn't consider "heat or distraction" but I guess we each have are own idea of what bothers us and what doesn't. Sometimes it is blatant and sometimes the dealers are just not paying attention.
"The difference between try and triumph is a little umph."

luxlogs

Post by luxlogs » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:06 am

Its's called Defence, just protecting the house's money.