Chip tracking in your rack

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

Greg

Chip tracking in your rack

Post by Greg » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:20 am

This is another topic, like the money management one just posted. How do you guys handle your chips in your racks,, I like the one video on you tube where it shows how Sam Grafstein would track his chips for 10 shooters and it seems like a great idea to let you know where you are at. Anyone else have any great methods you would like to share.

tonybugs

Re: Chip tracking in your rack

Post by tonybugs » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:06 pm

I always keep the pumpkins in the middle! Lol

Tonybugs

Dylanfreake

Post by Dylanfreake » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:16 pm

I keep my buy in in the front rack and any winning wager goes into the rear rack. When there are no chips in the front rack , it is time to total up the chips in the rear rack and leave the table , win or lose.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:34 pm

Front Rack - White - Red - Green - Black if any - Green - Red - White. I want my white chips on the outside of my bankroll - blocking access to the red, green, and black chips from either direction. Typically I'll do some sort of roll tracking in the back rack - even if it's just keeping track of the number of rolls. Winning bets to the back of the rack. 2 red - 4 whites, 4 red - 1 white, 1 green - 1 red, 2 green . . . that's a four hit hand. I will also sometimes track specific numbers rolled in the back rack, which is done by spreading six chips across the rack - representing the 4 - 5 - 6 - 8 - 9 - 10. I'll add a chip to a numbers position each time it rolls. When it gets its fifth hit I pick up the four white chips and switch to red. After six rolls I can look down and see if there's a number that's repeating more than it should statistically. Then I may bet that number based on what's rolling.

Whew. Bottom line - I always handle the front rack the same way. Stack them so the rail bird thieves can't get easy access to anything more than a buck.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

London Shooter

Post by London Shooter » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:49 pm

I do the same thing with £1 chips at both ends of my rack. It's one of the best little tips I ever read on here.