MP Please

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

dork

MP Please

Post by dork » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:39 am

I've modified your $204 Across... I distribute the bets 50/70/70/50 Inside for $220 Inside WOTCO, no 4 no 10. It works pretty well for me, but I'd like to know what your recommendation is after the point is made.

Assume 6 is the point; I take down the place bet and bet $50 Odds on the PL for one more Inside hit. Then I reduce to 32/34 Inside, with a 5x Odds bet on the PL. Should I restrict the Odds to 2x, making the "regression" ~$47/49 ?

How do you handle the PL and the single place bet (that's been hit) after the point is made? Thank you.

heavy
Site Admin

Re: MP Please

Post by heavy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:37 pm

Then you are not betting MP's 204 across. You are betting $220 inside WOTC. What I do not understand is if when you say "no 4 no 10" do you mean you are laying the four and ten or that you are not betting the four or ten.

The rest of your play is just regressions stuff and confusion over how to handle the free odds, but I'll back off and let MP give you the answer you're looking for.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

House of Orange

Post by House of Orange » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:02 pm

Reads more like $240 inside!

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:51 pm

Well, there you go . . .
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

Mad Professor

Post by Mad Professor » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:42 am

Hi Dork,

Doing a two-hit regression on $220-Inside down to $44-Inside (or something similar depending on your PL-Point) is not a bad play.

You could reduce your post-regression PL-Odds down to 2x in order to maintain your bet levels around the same mark; but I am curious how you handle your bets once you've made the regression, and you hand continues on from there.

Do you apply my Passive-Aggressive press-schedule...do you 'same-bet' it from there on out...or do you slowly press...and if so, do you add a nickel to your PL-Odds whenever you collect a Place-bet payer?

MP
Last edited by Mad Professor on Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mssthis1

Post by mssthis1 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:29 am

House of Orange wrote:Reads more like $240 inside!

One would assume the $70.00 six and eight are typo's. If they aren't we have bigger fish to fry before pondering about betting strategies.

dork

Post by dork » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:41 pm

Mad Professor wrote:Hi Dork,

Doing a two-hit regression on $220-Inside down to $44-Inside (or something similar depending on your PL-Point) is not a bad play.

You could reduce your post-regression PL-Odds down to 2x in order to maintain your bet levels around the same mark; but I am curious how you handle your bets once you've made the regression, and you hand continues on from there.

Do you apply my Passive-Aggressive press-schedule...do you 'same-bet' it from there on out...or do you slowly press...and if so, do you add a nickel to your PL-Odds whenever you collect a Place-bet payer?

MP
For quite a stretch now, I've been rolling a markedly lower than 'average' number of 4's and 10's during my BoneTracker sessions, so I condensed the 204Across to the inside numbers, rounding to 220 as 50/60/60/50 during wargaming and it's seemed to transfer to live play well enough for a while.

I'm in the Biloxi-Gulfport area, and the PL odds limit is routinely 10x, so when I regress I don't like to give up the free odds so easily and usually bet 5x Odds out of sheer mathematical greed.

I 'up one unit' the Place bets except for the 5 or 9 whichever hits first. I parlay completely that first number 3x (from $10 to $24 to $60) and regress from the $84 win to $10 and start over (from the Place 5 if its' gained ground). I don't add a nickel to the PL Odds, but that's a great idea I'll need to use instead of my current method--I increase the Odds bet by 50% whenever the point is made. Your way doesn't 'cost me' from the previous winnings. I stop the press schedule on the 6/8 at $42. I'll take $40 for 1 and call out $10 for the corresponding hardway (H6 if the soft 6 just hit), hoping for a H6 or H8; when they hit, I'll push the Hardway to $25, or start over at $10 if a soft number kills the hardway bet. Best I've done there is go from $25 to $40 H8, but it didn't pay.