What are your thought's

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

Operator

What are your thought's

Post by Operator » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:02 pm

Guys im kind of stuck on this. Ok im a pass line only better full odds. What goes threw my mind is should i regress? After one made pass line?? This is some thing i see saw all day with.
Yes over time the odds wager makes money but would a 2 1 2 3 system work better rember we lose the last bet to a seven out. Should i just keep betting full odds and stay level at 10x.

Or should i go 10x 2x 3x .as you can see a 10x 10x 10x would be more profitable .

wild child

Re: What are your thought's

Post by wild child » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:35 pm

Operator
Interesting question many times asked of ourselves even while standing table-side facing live action our hand or another shooter......
If 5 or 6 dice tosses is average ,then at toss 2 or three we
may not know if we are witness to a history setting record or just another average attempt......Nice when you see repeater numbers rolled early and often in a hand......

Either way an early steep reduction in $$ at risk will not hurt your bottom line.....

W C

dork

Post by dork » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:31 pm

I don't take Max Odds (10x, down here) immediately. My PL and 'aggressive odds' play is pretty cautious; I start usually at 5x Odds; win again, and 7x Odds, win again, and 10x Odds. (place bet amounts increase by 'up one unit' except for a 'hero number') If I win a PL w/10x Odds, I'll increase the PL bet by 50% so's I can keep the Odds increasing in about 50% increments (at 10x), too, and continue that "until it loses". Yes, I'll lose the last bet, but I've won everything up to that point free and clear, and the exposure is house money (yes, I lose opportunity cost by not regressing or betting steady["same"] Odds). I don't ever expect to run a handful of made points, so "until it loses" usually maxes out at 4-5 points.

I have played and bet during a session that made 8 consecutive points (I was the shooter). I chickened out after making the 7th point; (my 10x odds were at $300, my place bets were at $26 Across, and I was trying for a 6 to make the ATS [with a guaranteed $120 payoff from a layed 6]). I had reduced to $5PL with $50 Odds and held at that point. Either I psych'd myself out, or I had a premonition... I 7'd on the 9th attempt. But with that sense of 'tiptoeing', that's how I adjust the Odds bet during a good run.

I don't like to risk a LOT on Odds and then regress; I'd much prefer to bet house winnings as I increase Odds. It's different from an MP204 play--in that case, the exposure is set--2 numbers and regress. Odds are exposed for a decision, and I'd rather chickenlittle into profits than "gamble" on them.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:01 pm

If you want to do something creative with your odds play a Fibo progression in a 20X odds house. The idea is to get two wins back to back, then start over. You should know the drill by now. In a 20x odds house with a $5 game you'd progress the odds as follows: 1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 8 - 13X. If you hit 13 and are still progressing you'll need to increase your base bet to $10 in order to get $105 in odds out there. You can do the math from there. Of course, if it ever gets to that point then you need to be playing the Don'ts and Laying odds.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

Operator

Post by Operator » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:57 pm

Thanks guys my wife will be back playing with me so im all busneis trying to make my next trip in two weeks a profitable one and fun.My practice shooting today misrable to say the lest useing a 5 to one regression i would have lost 20 bucks playing 5 times odds would have lost 300. Green eggs and ham would have won 692. I quess i really need more practing eating it but whew it takes some getting use to. Im in the market for a new practice rig. Not that many sellers out there any more.
Thanks guys