My way of betting on random players

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

gargoil

My way of betting on random players

Post by gargoil » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:18 pm

I tried to stay away from this subject and avoided putting in my .2 cents when conversations went on this forum simply because I had no good answer and everything I tried failed. Until now.
I have been playing around with a few things recently and one of them "seemed" to return positive results and minimized losses. This is what I do at the tables and by no means I am saying it is the right way or wrong way. Just putting it out there.

On every random shooter, I wait until they set and make a point. I then wager $5.00 on pass line and $5.00 on the odds. If the shooter fails to make the second point, I lost $10.00. If the shooter makes a point, I increase my odds on the next point by $5.00 and collect the rest. I believe this will keep you somewhat engaged in the game and keeps the dealers / pit crew off your back for standing there doing nothing.

To quote WC... Just me saying :lol:
==================================================
Practice doesn't make perfect.... Practice reduces the imperfection.
Practice doesn't make perfect.... It just makes you better.

JB85

Re: My way of betting on random players

Post by JB85 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:25 pm

I always have and always will play random rollers. The very first time I played craps over 20 years ago, I was on the table for a roll well in excess of an hour. It was a random roller and to this day, it's the longest roll I've ever been on the table for. The monster roll is plain and simple, the reason I play craps. While I hope it is me rolling the monster roll, odds are that it will be a random roller simply because most of my play is not on empty tables. In fact, I would argue that a random roller has a better chance of a truly monster roll than a DI. So, I refuse to sit on the sidelines and miss out on a potential roll of lifetime.

I have tried many different things over the years, including strict darkside play for a while. But I missed out on too many really good rolls (no monster ones thankfully). These days, I do bet more on myself, but not a ton more. Most of the time for other shooters I will start out on the dark side with a DP and one DC and transition to the right side on shooters that are able to repeat numbers. I'll track shooters the first trip around the table and if I feel someone is qualified I may bet with them the next trip around. If the table seems truly hot, which honestly is pretty rare, I will bet on the right side for everyone. This type of play has worked very well for me over the years and completely eliminates the possibility of me missing out on great rolls.

London Shooter

Post by London Shooter » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:15 pm

Not too dissimilar to one of the ways Grafstein, the Dice Doctor, suggests Gargoil. I believe the way you are doing it suggests you are on about 40% of randies and are keeping your head in the game with a low vig bet and a little progression should somebody shoot the lights out with a bunch of points. I play very similar myself sometimes.

Bankerdude80

Post by Bankerdude80 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:39 pm

Gargoil, it is definitely a valid way to play the randies while minimizing your exposure. It could be a slow grind over time, other times you may get some decent returns. Being an action junkie and risk averse at the same time, I'll start with a table minimum passline bet, no hedge. On come out 7 or 11 parlay the first hit. Second hit, regress back to table minimum. Keep collecting until point is established. {I'll suffer through 1 crap number, after that, no passline bet}. Once point is established, I do not take odds. I will place bet the 6 or 8 and use the winnings to recoup my initial investment. Once my initial investment is recouped, on the next hit of the place bet I would take odds behind passline. Thereafter, I then press the place bet and hope the shooter lasts so I can start spreading out across the layout. It keeps me engaged in the game and hopeful. A slow grind it can be as well. I have been successful on occasion to catch a good hand, getting all the numbers covered, with max odds on the passline. My favorite three things to say consecutively during a craps game when randies are shooting are "Same bet" , "Press", "Same Bet"...
"Take the Money and Run...."
- Steve Miller Band