A few craps systems

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

SHOOTITALL

A few craps systems

Post by SHOOTITALL » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:35 am

I found part of Jim the system man list.

Now you that have an interest in this stuff, run a few thru WinCraps.

It is a start so knock your lights out.

http://www.starchip.com/crapdata.htm
Your craps plan? The dice gods laughed.

London Shooter

Re: A few craps systems

Post by London Shooter » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:07 am

Thanks for posting SIA. That is a very extensive list when you look on the site and there has to be something there for everbody. Best thing is they are all for FREE :lol:

brdbrd

Post by brdbrd » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:00 am

This is a great list, thank you for posting it SIA. I've been reading everyone's strategies on here for a few weeks now and will dive into these next. :)

wild child

Post by wild child » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:47 pm

Shoot It All...

You ,my friend, have pulled up buried treasure.
On another thread ,recently there was mention of
a more reality based Random Number Generator (R N G) )
than the standard computer programed R N G most frequently used....

I think a professor at Trinity College , Dublin , Ireland developed the thing

When I wanted to practice my
CRAPS WAGER GAME PLAN ,I just randomly rolled
a pair of YAHTZEE dice on the coffee table..That was way two decades ago..
Not scientific...At the time , I reasoned it was all THE RANDOMNESS I needed to practice and learn..
That was in those dark ages predating AFFORDABLE Desk Top 'puters , smart phones and apps...

Your find totals about 178 CRAPS SYSTEMS...
.DO SIDE , DO NOT{DARK } SIDE,and SWITCHING (TRANSITIONAL)

There may be a fortune to be made in developing an "app" capable of WAR GAMING any BOOK of ROLLS
through all 178 SYSTEMS to see with one stroke after entering the recorded rolls
HYPOTHETICALLY what stood up and what washed out....or some interested persona could make it freeware....

Again S.I.A. THANK YOU for researching,reaching out and responding to our group curiosity

WELL DONE

Just me saying

W C

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Please remember the 80/20 rule when looking at these "systems." I'd say 80% of them are pure BS, but there are a few gems in there.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

acpa

Post by acpa » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:30 pm

Heavy is right.

I knew Jim Ferr and he was always trying to find a betting system that would make you money.

Jim was an attorney by background and he tested a lot of betting systems for craps and never found what he was searching for.

Noah

SHOOTITALL

Post by SHOOTITALL » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:18 am

No need to thank me guys, I do all this for fun. I have an extensive list of systems I have been collecting for years. Heavy and I discuss systems over an occasional lunch. We had them more often until he decided to get a traveling day yob. They are absolutely fun to screw around with and tweak and polish. But the end result is always the same. The closest to a workable system is in the don't list, and there, ya gotta dodge the CO 8:3. That is pretty hefty. Lastly, on this site and Dice Institute site is the math. MP has done a ton of work on probability of consecutive occurrences. If you want to consider any system for real, you should run it against those probability tables. I just do not want my online acquaintances and friends to get skinned with misplaced optimism.
Your craps plan? The dice gods laughed.

Craps75

Post by Craps75 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:41 pm

I read about a system the other day that I wanted to test and now I can't remember where I read it at. Sign of getting older I guess :). All I remember for sure about the system was that you wait for a number to be established and then place a $200 don't on the point. You also place a 5,6,8, and a field bet for one roll. I can't remember the amount you where supposed to play on the field,5,6, and 8. Anyone read this system or know what it is?

Thanks!!