Something to perhaps consider

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

John1

Something to perhaps consider

Post by John1 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:24 pm

Playing crap has always held a fascination for me. There are many useful tools.
I'd like to offer one of several of my personal weapons used at the tables.
Perhaps you've read it somewhere or have used it yourself, if so I'd really enjoy hearing from you in regards to your usages i.e. table conditions etc.
Does it have a name? I haven't a clue. Who created it? My guess its been around since time immemorial.

Personally my style of play is to be on the look out for opportune moments prior to the laying down of serious dollars. So if I were to walk up to a crap table my thoughts are what are the table conditions, warm, cool, choppy etc.

Rather then just stand there as a silent observer I'll set a single chip down on pass line as a new shooter steps up. No big deal here, very ordinary of a typical player. If I lose so what, bet another single unit all the while taking information from my surroundings. Looking at the other players chip racks, the attitudes the players give off. Is their overall mood glum or jovial. Perhaps several players have passed the dice after sevening out resulting in a variety of negative comments. Play action continues without pause.

Each time I've placed a single unit down and lost. By my count at this time I'm down four units.
A new shooter is making his choice of a pair dice from the five or six dies offered to him by stickman. I set my lone one unit down on the pass line. Shooter casts those gleaming colored cubes down the table and a seven shows it's lovely face.

Dealer drops one single chip toward my line bet of one unit this hand is over. I recognize I'm down three units.I just won one unit and now I'll put three units back up on the pass line. If the current shooter throws a seven or eleven or makes his point I've win three units on this hand and I determine I'm ahead one unit for my series so I begin another series betting one unit. If I'm the shooter I'm likely to make a line bet and I'll possibly wager additionally on the back line I'll suspend this method until next time.

The point here is, one need not be a bystander while scope ping out a table.
Easiest progression to play.
We're looking to clear one unit per session.
Bet 1U Win session over restart.
Bet 1U Lose, Behind 1U-Bet 1U again Lose, Behind 2U Still bet 1U Win
Next bet is the exact total behind 2U's Win Session Over 1U profit. Restart
Expressed Somewhat Differently: 1U Win restart session
1U Lose bet again 1U Lose - bet again 1U Win next bet 2U win Ahead 1 U restart.
Your objective is looking for two wins in a row. A 1U win triggers the sum number of units lost.

Lets look at one sequence right off my card as recorded from my last session of table play.
1U Lose (L) Next bet 1U L Next bet 1U Lose Next bet1U Win Next bet 3U's L
next bet 1U L next bet 1U L next bet 1U Win next bet 5U's Win session over.

Warning: Use common sense. Set standards for yourself as to how far out to go 10 times, 25 who knows. Only you really can answer this question.
Out the many hundred's of times I've used this sequence there were days when I'd stop to begin on a different table or at a later time and date.

The field is a favorite for entertainment purposes utilizing this particular method.

Many has been the time I've used this method at higher minimum tables.
Say its a green chip table. Starting the progression @ $35 which is really a $10 wager.
There is a posting within this site by Heavy which covers this matter in great detail.

Another thought when playing pass and starting a New session with a New shooter to just double or triple this one initial bet only. Then if you choose fall back to the 1U bet and continue. Many of your wins will occur before five placements are required.

Do I need to say don't enhance this initial bet on pass with a cool table.

I hope this small contribution helps or provides for expansion of thought within the community.
JB

pradice

Re: Something to perhaps consider

Post by pradice » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:59 pm

jOHN:

That's a good starter play, and you're right, unless they know you, you look like many other betters on the table.. WIth a triple 12 field payout, I also like to play one unit, when 2 no field #s show in a row.. It's a good play, and helps me focus more on what is being thrown to determine if there are any # trends developing.

Good Luck
pradice