Bonetracker

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

Maddog

Re: Bonetracker

Post by Maddog » Mon May 06, 2013 2:52 pm

BoneTracker will run on a Mac as an Excel workbook. However the VBA macros will not run. These include; The Data Entry Assistant, The Rolls-Between-Sevens Macro, and the utility to switch DiceTool Plus between recorded rolls and manually entered FF values.

I've heard of people using a Windows Emulation on their MAC, but I have not tried that.

Jonah

Post by Jonah » Tue May 07, 2013 5:10 pm

Maddog wrote:BoneTracker will run on a Mac as an Excel workbook. However the VBA macros will not run. These include; The Data Entry Assistant, The Rolls-Between-Sevens Macro, and the utility to switch DiceTool Plus between recorded rolls and manually entered FF values.

I've heard of people using a Windows Emulation on their MAC, but I have not tried that.
With Parallels running XP or Windows 7 and Office 14 (same as Office for Mac 2011) or Office 13 (same as Office for Mac 2008) or Office 12 (same as Office for Mac 2004) BoneTracker 5.5 works as "advertised."

The big overlooked caveat is that with Parallels or any other emulator, you must realize that you will have to have to purchase a copy of the operating system you want to use, as well as purchase another copy of Office for the PC as well (even if you have already purchased Office for the Mac, NO Micro$oft, unfortunately, will not give you a break in price)...

However, IF you don't need or use those features (many people don't use them at all) that require the VB macros, as Maddog noted above, then you can use any of the Office versions for the Mac and the Excel in any of the versions noted, will run BoneTracker and it will work just fine.

YMMV

Alohajonny

Post by Alohajonny » Wed May 08, 2013 8:07 am

Sounds like alot of work and software. This place has some great deals on refurbished laptops...
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid ... 8B&cat=NBB

Just a thought.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Wed May 08, 2013 9:34 am

I just wiped the hard drive on my Toshiba and turned it over to the bride (her old Dell died on her over the weekend). The Toshiba was a high end computer I picked up to use at the last car dealership I worked at - the desktops were "sandboxed" so you couldn't get out on the net. Anyway, I'm about to convert all of my seminar stuff to a tablet. Haven't actually bought the tablet yet and am still considering options - but I'm leaning strongly toward a windows based system specifically for software reasons.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

Jonah

Post by Jonah » Wed May 08, 2013 3:18 pm

Alohajonny wrote:Sounds like alot of work and software. This place has some great deals on refurbished laptops...
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid ... 8B&cat=NBB

Just a thought.
LOL!

Hello!

You will still need to purchase the correct version of the Micro$oft OS for the used/refurbished machine as well as Micro$oft Office.

Yes, you may get the OS already "bundled" on the used/refurbished machine, but should something happen, whacha gonna do? Ghost-busters won't be able to help you.

Bottom line, you will need a legal copy of the Micro$oft OS (not to mention that Micro$oft checks to see if the version installed is "legal" when you try to update or get an update).

Forgot to mention one other option with the Mac that is "built-in" — it's called Boot Camp, and you don't have to pay "extra" for that.

To learn more you can go to:
http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/

Basically, you are installing another OS that can start the Mac as a PC, instead of as a Mac, as it were.

Again, however, you will still need to purchase the Micro$oft OS and Office as well.

Won't get into a PC vs. Mac debate — will just point out that here, there are 6 (six) people working on PC stuff vs. 1 (one) Mac person AND there are MORE Macs vs. PC's (and the PC people are constantly having to go out and fix stuff that happens to "break")...

YMMV