Question for MP about the don't strategy....

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

audionut

Question for MP about the don't strategy....

Post by audionut » Wed May 01, 2013 7:21 am

REALLY appreciate the insight and comments on this class board!!! Heavy seems to be a top notch administrator with quality comments and suggestions!!

MY question...

been looking at MP's don't strategy (waiting for one PSO then placing DP bets with a progression)...

The biggest downfall (at least to me) is the CO 7's and 11's.. and of course the table moving hot ;)

I'm wondering if it would be practical to play this way: Wait for one PSO (perhaps 2 if you have the patience), bypass the come out roll and then LAY the point number instead of the DP.....

The PROBLEM with this (again, at least to me) would be figuring out a progression for different box numbers, and of course, putting up more money then you win... BUT... it just seems like an ideal way to constantly have the 7 on your side?

I'm not as experienced (or as smart) as most of the players here... but I can't help but wonder if this would work somehow??? :idea: ;)

Mad Professor

Re: Question for MP about the don't strategy....

Post by Mad Professor » Wed May 01, 2013 8:14 am

Hi AudioNut,

You have correctly identified the main drawback to the Choppy-Table/Short-Leash play, where the Sheriff (the come-out 7) and his Deputy (the come-out 11) can shoot the legs out from under one of the best choppy-table random-betting schemes out there. That is why I put a 'short-leash' loss-limit of it.

What 'can' happen, often DOES happen...usually at the most inopportune times. :evil:

Laying the Point, even after two PL-Point repeaters is fraught with a different kind of risk, which you also correctly identified; which is the inverse-payment "bet-more-to-get-less" quandary of Lay-betting.

Here's what I would recommend:

~Abandon all efforts to try to 'beat' random-betting, and focus instead of improving your own dice-influencing skills. The dividends are much higher, and the frustrations, while still quite high, are far lower than what you'll encounter trying to beat neg-ex random-betting.

My current approach to random-rollers is to bet as little as possible, and as few times per table-lap as possible. When I bet on them, it is a naked (no-Odds) table-minimum PL or DP wager. That's it, nothing more.

Admittedly, it drives the 'gambler' in me absolutely bat-shit nuts; but it also lets my own derandomized shooting earn what it rightfully deserves, for better or for worse. More PROFIT, and less FRUSTRATION! That is something that I have come to accept, and fully embrace. ;)

MP

audionut

Re: Question for MP about the don't strategy....

Post by audionut » Thu May 02, 2013 10:18 am

Thanks for the reply, MP...

I guess I'm just looking for a "easy money" mechanical system...

BUT, I get that it probably doesn't exist, or else everyone would be doing it :lol:

Hard to beat the math :geek: