WOTCO.......Working for me.

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

LeftyAJ

WOTCO.......Working for me.

Post by LeftyAJ » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:00 pm

I've decided to "tighten-up" my game for the New Year. One of the more significant changes has been to increase my initial starting wagers and to work them on the come out. Results have been excellent. Using the traditional 3V set I'm starting out every hand with either $30 or $36 ea. on the 6 and 8 WOTCO, along with the min required PL bet. After two or three hits I'm regressing down to $18 ea. Sure I've encountered some PSO's along the way, Ouch. but the many come out winners have more than offset them. Additionally setting the point as either 6 or 8 has greatly increased my chances of a first point repeat winner. Eight sessions since Jan 1st with six winners and two losers. I'm really becoming comfortable with this play.

There have been other changes I've incorporated and most of them center around discipline.

Switched to Pincer grip ONLY. (Stopped experimenting with all the other grips.)

ONLY toss from SL1 or 2. (I won't even buyin if I can't get one of these choice spots.)

No more PL bets on Randies (If a randie "qualifies" I MIGHT make min place bet on him)

No more prop bets (With the exception of the hard 6 & 8 when I'm shooting)

Don't be afraid to bet on other know DI's (and after 3 paying hits start to press)

If I'm rolling well use come bets. ( I love the place to come back to place strategy)

These are some of the changes I've made to my game, now a much more disciplined one. ALthough a little boring while I'm waiting for the dice to travel around the table, making money outweighs the slight bordom. Thoughts on WOTCO?

memo

Re: WOTCO.......Working for me.

Post by memo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:14 pm

bullies wrote: Don't be afraid to bet on other know DI's (and after 3 paying hits)
bullies,

I would be a bit careful on this one.
Any DI is subject to the same variences. We are just hoping to strech things out a bit...
A random roller may get 6-8 tosses in. We would like to get 8-10.(I did not say, paying hits) The farther you get into the hand, the more exposed you are to a hand ending seven. That is why so many ISR strategies are set up for a regression at two to four rolls. I believe it is one of the best reasons to use WOTCO. At '3 paying hits', you are getting into dangerous territory to put a big bet out there....

This is the point that I am wanting to be pretty much even, or regressing, or whatever...(second stage of my bet.)

Just my thoughts

Memo

LeftyAJ

Post by LeftyAJ » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Memo

Excellent point, one that I've been wrestling with too. Just last evening I was betting a known DI and after two payers I started to press. Well, two tosses later 7 out and I ended with a net loss on him. If I had used a scaled down version of MP's $204 Across (say $48 6&8 or $66 inside) with regression chances are I might of made a couple of bucks. It took me a while (mental block) to bump-up the initial wagers on myself followed up with regression, now maybe it's time to do it on other known AP's. Yep, I got smacked just as I entered what you call "dangerous territory".

Al

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:57 pm

Among the guys I play on a fairly regular basis - there are perhaps a half-dozen that I do very little "qualifying" on before jumping in on their hands - hell, I even qualify MYSELF before jumping in with both feet. But once I'm convinced I'll hit and press . . . at about half the rate of Pappy Van Winkle. :lol:
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

KnowNothing

Post by KnowNothing » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:48 pm

Hi,

I personally don't make props. The 7 is the strongest number, math fact correct? We believe we influence the outcome. I'm able to strengthen the probability of the strongest number by clicking my 1 hardway die 2x.

Is this not a passline players top money making opprotuniy? ...just asking, I play what I believe is the optimal move. I do WOTCO at Hollywood Aurora because my bird makes AT/AS wagers... but it messes with me mentally because I 'believe' it's the wrong wager & I'm missing out on my 7/11 $.

If I'm wrong... want to know. Wrestle with these questions frequently.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts regarding a non-prop better POV.

-KN