Running BoneTracker on Microsoft Excel 2011 for Mac

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

elephanttracks

Running BoneTracker on Microsoft Excel 2011 for Mac

Post by elephanttracks » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:16 pm

Hello guys,

Can anyone of you tell me if someone has operated the Bonetracker 5.4 spread sheet on Microsoft Excel 2011 for Macintosh edition. I can delete values all day long, but when I select the button for "Click Here to Enter Rolls" I get no action taking place. I see just an outline of the object as if I am just clicking on top of a picture element only. So, is this an object that needs to be relinked to a formula operation? It should just work regardless of operating system. -Tracks

slayyyyerfan

Re: Running BoneTracker on Microsoft Excel 2011 for Mac

Post by slayyyyerfan » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:50 pm

I haven't tried it, but my guess is that maybe Macros are not enabled?

Maddog

Post by Maddog » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:45 pm

I'm not an expert on the Mac, but from what I researched I think that the ActiveX controls are not supported on the Mac. So this means that the Data Entry Assistant and some of the buttons will not function under the Mac OS, even if some of the macros can.

The rest of BT should work fine but it does mean that you will have to key in the roll results directly.

Guess it is getting about time I get off my lazy butt and rewrite this stuff.

amish dude

Post by amish dude » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:55 pm

U's gonna make me research this ! ActiveX controls are when http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 4NSxNZF7oQ macros are little programs that need to run another larger program mac is basically a unix based machine windows use's another type of operating system hence the OS.. In my humble opinion if you run open office or excel for MAC and load bone tracker it should work period bone tracker is nothing more then a spread sheet riten/coded/assembeled for us DI
The opinions stated here are the sole opinions and rights of the Author

Maddog

Post by Maddog » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:14 pm

amish dude wrote: In my humble opinion if you run open office or excel for MAC and load bone tracker it should work period bone tracker is nothing more then a spread sheet riten/coded/assembeled for us DI

LOL

amish dude

Post by amish dude » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:03 pm

irish wrote:You need the magic wand plug-in
amish dude wrote: where can I get one of them there magic wand plug-in
The opinions stated here are the sole opinions and rights of the Author