Juicing the OHCM play

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

220Inside

Juicing the OHCM play

Post by 220Inside » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:32 pm

I was just having a discussion with someone to explain OHCM and a couple of ideas came to mind to try and juice the returns on the strategy a bit:

- If doing a $12 OHCM play, in addition to the $12 6 and 8 bets, you also toss out $1 HW bets on 6 and 8. In this scenario, if the first 6 or 8 comes easy, you are guaranteed a break even result on the OHCM play if the 7 comes next, versus locking up a $2 win. If, instead, the first 6 or 8 hit comes hard, you lock up a $9 win, instead of the $2 win of the standard OHCM play. If the 7 shows before the 6 or 8 hit, you take a $14 loss instead of $12.

- What would it look like if instead of placing the 6 and 8, you did a $25 DP and bought the 4 and 10 for $25 if playing on a table where the vig is paid on the back end? A buy bet on the 4 and 10 in this scenario carry a house edge of 1.67%, which is comparable to the 1.52% edge on the place 6 and 8 bets?

DarthNater

Re: Juicing the OHCM play

Post by DarthNater » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:01 am

22I,
I like those ideas, esp adding the hardways. sometimes I play a mini CT-SL on the DP to beat the Sheriff and the Deputy: $12, $30, $70, stop DP. Say the $30 DP goes to the 5; now I can still do the $12 6 & 8 (perhaps using your approach also cover all 4 hardways); or use the $30 to do a $18 6 & 8; or with that DP going against the five, do a $12 6 & 8 and a $10 9. There's lots of choices, as I also like to lay odds when the point goes outside and use that to protect larger place bet action. The odds option always intrigues me the most - say I lay $30 odds & got a hit on the 8; then I can reduce my odds to $15, get another hit, pick up the $15. I plan to include some of these tactics in the class during DarkSider's Ball Weekend.

D.N8r
Your lack of faith in The Force disturbs me, Commander.......

Big O

Post by Big O » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:02 am

Darthnader wrote,

The odds option always intrigues me the most - say I lay $30 odds & got a hit on the 8; then I can reduce my odds to $15, get another hit, pick up the $15. I plan to include some of these tactics in the class during DarkSider's Ball Weekend.
You eluded to this play on another thread. I still find it very intriguing. I screen shot it on my phone so i could refer to it. I havent been able to put it into play in live table action yet. I need to practice it at home some more. Wish i could make the ball but September is my busiest month of the year. I really feel like i need to learn more on the dont side.
"if it was easy anyone could do it"

DarthNater

Post by DarthNater » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:39 pm

Big O wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:02 am
Darthnater wrote,

The odds option always intrigues me the most - say I lay $30 odds & got a hit on the 8; then I can reduce my odds to $15, get another hit, pick up the $15. I plan to include some of these tactics in the class during DarkSider's Ball Weekend.
You eluded to this play on another thread. I still find it very intriguing. I screen shot it on my phone so i could refer to it. I havent been able to put it into play in live table action yet. I need to practice it at home some more. Wish i could make the ball but September is my busiest month of the year. I really feel like i need to learn more on the dont side.
Big O,
Thanks very much, it's one of my favorite plays as I want that DP working hard for me on every roll. I'm always looking for ways to leverage it, vice just hanging out and waiting for a decision on the point. Seems like I flex it after every toss sometimes & that really keeps my head in the hand. It's surprising how many people get the DP established and watch beaucoup numbers get tossed and do nothing about it.....just wait

Sorry to hear you can't make the Ball, but I'm sure Heavy is already thinking about the future schedule, D.N8r
Your lack of faith in The Force disturbs me, Commander.......