Darksider's Ball - GAC?

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

Dark Side

Re: Darksider's Ball - GAC?

Post by Dark Side » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:20 pm

I'm not attending, however if I were below is what I would want to see.

Let everyone play the way they're accustomed to playing. This way the player is comfortable walking up to the table and everyone gets to see different variations to the game.

DS

Moe Bettor

Post by Moe Bettor » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:51 pm

I'm with Dark Side on this.

mssthis1

Post by mssthis1 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:15 pm

I agree with Dark Side as long as the basic theme is the dark side. I do feel that SIA's "one hit can't miss" should be allowed. I have been using a modified version of it quite a bit lately on Randies.

London Shooter

Post by London Shooter » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:25 pm

What sort of modifications have you made MSS?

mssthis1

Post by mssthis1 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:53 pm

I make a table min. DP bet with $30.00 odds and place the six and eight for $30.00. If the six and eight receive 2 hits, I pull the odds and start spreading out on subsequent hits. Example, if the 8 hits again I'll rack $10 and place the 9 for $25.00. If the 9 happens to be the point I'll skip over it and buy the 10 instead.

I can stand a little more volatility than most.

Bankerdude80

Post by Bankerdude80 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:21 pm

Players need to go in with the expectation that it is a darkside game. Since I don't (pun intended) play the dark side often enough, I would like to play with the flexibility to transition based on what the table is giving. My goal is also to observe how others play the darkside and see what works for them. Personally during my tosses, I'd like to start with a Come-out game playing the PL with minimal bet, some horn action, and some lays. Once the point is established, I'd take down my lay bets and play the DC. Once I have two or three bets up, go for the seven-out. If that isn't working I'd switch to DF's cow tipping play or SIA's "one hit can't miss".

I do not intend to go in and play right side unless the whole group decides, after some play, to go in that direction.
Last edited by Bankerdude80 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Take the Money and Run...."
- Steve Miller Band

Dylanfreake

Post by Dylanfreake » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:24 pm

You never play the right side at a Darksider`s Ball. If you want to play the Rightside , go elsewhere.

mssthis1

Post by mssthis1 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:02 pm

Dylanfreake wrote: If you want to play the Rightside , go elsewhere.
The table may have other ideas. I've seen tables turn positive in a heartbeat and stay that way for hours. I've also tossed 4 or more passes while shooting from the don't more times than I care to remember. You have to have a backup plan which may include moving to a different table or the option to transition until the group makes a decision.

A plan of play this way or go elsewhere is a potential recipe for disaster. Not being able or willing to read tables is why most people give up on the dark side.

wild child

Post by wild child » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:29 pm

mssthis1

At a Darksider's Ball ,with a full complement of Dice Influence shooters,
you would expect to observe many very short rolls...Almost exclusively P S O after P S O.

Know ?

W C

mssthis1

Post by mssthis1 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:12 pm

wild child wrote:mssthis1

At a Darksider's Ball ,with a full complement of Dice Influence shooters,
you would expect to observe many very short rolls...Almost exclusively P S O after P S O.

Know ?

W C

Yes that is what you would expect to observe. I'm just saying that no battle plan survives the first contact with the enemy. My plan is to use my UH right hand toss to set a point and my left hand overhand shot to toss a seven. I'll also have a plan B, C, and D if that one doesn't work.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:14 pm

Not being able or willing to read tables is why most people give up on the dark side.
In other words, most people are challenged by the math of the game. I know we joke about "dice counters" sometimes, but if you can count the number of rolls between sevens you can figure out if the table is a Don't table or a Do table. If you don't want to count rolls between sevens then count your chips. They'll tell you as well.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

Dylanfreake

Post by Dylanfreake » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:16 am

If you are at the Darksider`s Ball and the table is hot, then the ball is over.

mssthis1

Post by mssthis1 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:04 am

I'll do whatever the group wants to do. Irish brings up an important point about parameters though. What if someone gets on a long roll and can't seven out? 10 count and you pass the dice? Allow transition? I'm open to all thoughts.

Moe Bettor

Post by Moe Bettor » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:06 am

The video I posted a while back using WinCraps is a darksiders situation. During the session, the table did turn shortly positive..as it did with Lou
during his show. It happens. Just my opinion, but you have to constantly read what is going on. With a bunch of DI's..some of them
better at it than others and going for the seven..the odds are better that any positive situation will be pretty short if it happens.

wild child

Post by wild child » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:42 am

The G A C is a HOOT......

There is a lot of emotion and fantasy wrapped around the DO SIDE GAME

Irish is offering a unique opportunity to approach the treasures differently.......
There is WAY MUCH " bad-understanding" concerning the "Dark Side" of craps.

Very few dice players comprehend the rapid rewards to be harvested from the
Do Not Side of a craps game.....
( I suspect a number of dealers and pit critters also fall short )

The D P and D C plays may be a most subtle
and
well below the radar methodology for taking away a pocket filling experience.........

It takes viewing the game from a different perspective than the typical crapster
Easy enough to learn and even with experience
worth skills updating for the Advantage Wager Player

just me saying

w c

Dylanfreake

Post by Dylanfreake » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:14 pm

I have heard players say that they win when they play the Darkside, but it is a very boring way to play so they play mostly the Rightside.

At a Darksider`s Ball , if a shooter gets on a long roll then it seems that the shooter would be the only one losing more than one or two wagers , since all good Darkside players limit their losses per shooter.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:18 pm

Well well well! There's the perfect opening for a little PROMO. Irish is planning a "Dark Siders Ball" session as an aside to this year's GAC. He is not planning to charge a fee to anyone attending the "Ball." However, if you are planning to attend the DSB then you SHOULD plan on signing on for at least one of the class sessions at GAC. On Saturday morning we'll focus on on-axis toss tweaks for experienced hands who want a tune-up, and on-axis toss training for new students who have never taken a class with us before. Although it is not required, new students should SERIOUSLY consider attending the full day's training on Saturday. We'll also spend a small amount of time on basic betting strategies for DI's. In the afternoon session on Saturday we'll continue with on-axis toss training, work with players on tossing from alternate positions at the table, and get into specialty tosses like Howard's new "Edge" shot and a few others you've seen mentioned in trip reports of late. We'll also get into some additional info on betting strategies, et al. On Sunday morning Dice Coach and I will be conducting an advanced class that will include a brief toss tweak followed by my TrendMaster betting strategies and additional betting strategies from the Dice Coach play book. Irish will be running an advanced BoneTracker session during that same time frame. Details on all of this are in the "Buy Heavy's Stuff" section of the forum - specifically HERE:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4373

We're basically six weeks out on this event. It's time to get the ball rolling if you're planning to attend. Sign up NOW to avoid last minute "late enrollment fees."
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

hotshooter

Post by hotshooter » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:07 pm

Irish
Maybe I missed it here, can you give us the strategy you used

hotshooter

Post by hotshooter » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:35 pm

Irish or Heavy Where can I find the thread

Bankerdude80