Looking for 7's on the comeout?

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

Inspector

Looking for 7's on the comeout?

Post by Inspector » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:43 pm

Evening Everyone,

Who all shoots for 7's on the comeout and what bet do you have you are trying to win with it?

I ask as I have recently started setting for all sevens on the comeout. This set (6/1,5/2) also has alot of craps numbers so I wonder if parlaying big red is worth it.

I do have a specific reason for using that set. I bet for the seven but I also use a world bet to get the craps that come up as well.

What do you be when you shoot for sevens?

Inspector.

Golfer

Re: Looking for 7's on the comeout?

Post by Golfer » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:41 pm

Glad to hear you recognize the power of the 7's. On a normal comeout I will play a "Heavy". For those scoring at home that is a $5 World bet with a $1 each on the 2 and 12 (High-Low). If the 7's start to show I will add hoppers, usually starting at $6 total and go from there. In a rare session the other day after I went $6 to $15 to $30 to $45, losing the last. If you feel good about your toss I suggest parlaying that 1st hit to $10 each and putting the dealers up for a $2 Red. Never hurts to get the crew on your side and to show theem you are a "George".

Good Luck
Last edited by Golfer on Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:57 pm

In the seminars I teach everyone to set for the sevens - using the all sevens - double pitched hardway set. The idea is to axle off the craps numbers and do your best to capitalize on the power of the seven on the come out. With that particular set - if you don't roll a seven then odds are you'll set the six or eight as the point. Those are great points to have because they are also relatively easy numbers to roll.

What I do in real life is what Golfer described most of the time. I set the straight sixes and shoot for the two or twelve. If I get any other of the World numbers I adjust my set to allow for what just happened - a single or double pitch - and try to replicate the throw with the idea of backing into a two or twelve. Of course, if I roll six Yo's in a row I'll take that as well.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

wudged

Post by wudged » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:57 am

Inspector wrote:This set (6/1,5/2) also has alot of craps numbers so I wonder if parlaying big red is worth it.
You may also want to look at laying the 5 and/or 9 as there are 0 on-axis 5s and 9s with that set. You can always take it down after a point is established. Of course there is also more money exposed for loss if you do manage to throw the 5 or 9 on the comeout.

amish dude

Post by amish dude » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:20 am

Inspector wrote:Evening Everyone,

Who all shoots for 7's on the comeout and what bet do you have you are trying to win with it?

I ask as I have recently started setting for all sevens on the comeout. This set (6/1,5/2) also has alot of craps numbers so I wonder if parlaying big red is worth it.

I do have a specific reason for using that set. I bet for the seven but I also use a world bet to get the craps that come up as well.

What do you be when you shoot for sevens?

Inspector.
I use the ALL 7 set as Heavy dictates on the come out roll.
The opinions stated here are the sole opinions and rights of the Author

Bankerdude80

Post by Bankerdude80 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Inspector, ditto.

I set for sevens and use a World that I keep pressing (one unit at a time) and collecting on until my point is established.
"Take the Money and Run...."
- Steve Miller Band

Ahigh

Post by Ahigh » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:07 pm

I've had good success with shooting for sevens. I generally aim for sevens until I have two or three line/come bets assigned to points and I increase my final come bet.

$5 pass, point 4, $5 pass (try to roll a seven) roll a ten, $10 come (try to roll a seven) - maybe some other box number .. THEN I will add odds and try to dodge the red.

Most of the time I just try to get back to the comeout and roll more sevens and elevens.

$5 per roll is AMAZING when you are only risking $5!!!!

I only do this on empty tables as I don't want to give up the dice to get back to the comeout roll though.

And you need to have a good set to dodge the crap more than anything.

My software tells me to use the 3641 set. That's top saying 34 and thumbs saying 61.

Transforming roll data to set 3641
Results for set 3641
Rolls to Seven ratio (RSR): 5.563 -7.28%
Passline/CO player edge (per initial roll): +1.01%
Don't Pass/CO player edge (per initial roll): -3.39%
# #/7% delta% #/roll%
2 -2.45% -0.1594% less
3 -1.82% -0.0539% less
4 -2.25% -0.1545% less
5 -1.73% +0.1275% more
6 -1.99% +0.1152% more
7 +0.00% +1.3092% more
8 -3.07% -0.4143% less
9 -2.61% -0.2550% less
10 -2.91% -0.3898% less
11 -0.62% +0.2697% more
12 -3.98% -0.3947% less

That's more red, more yo, less ace-deuce, less aces, and less 12's. Gives me a best-case 1% edge on my money after taking off the 1.41% the house would normally have.

My output is a little complicated as the first percentages are ratios of that number to seven not to total rolls. The second number is the percentage higher than expected. So 12's are expected 2.78% .. but -0.3947% less would be 2.78 - .3947 = 2.38% .. I don't expect anybody to understand this but me because I'm the primary user of this output, but anyways.

It's better than shooting randomly and even better than shooting a hardway set for the first rolls until you are forced to take a few numbers.

Inspector

Post by Inspector » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:32 pm

$nakeeye$ wrote:
OUT OF CURIOSITY - WHAT IF ANYTHING - KEEPS YOU FROM THROWING AN ALL 7 SET AND WAGERING ACROSS - LAY BETTING ACROSS FOR YOUR ENTIRE HAND -

YOU CAN ONLY LOSE 1 NUMBER / BET ON EACH THROW ?
Snakeeyes,

This is precisely why I was asking about it. The set I was using throws sevens and craps so the world is just to keep the craps bets up on a seven. I lay the 4 and the 10. while the set does allow for the 4/10 to be hit the bet is even money meaning if I throw the appropriate # of 4's and 10's compared to the 7's in theory I should break even but for the vig which I believe a DI setting for 7's should definately overcome making this, in my mind, a positive EV bet.

As to why use this set why it makes firebet harder, well if I have a really good chance at $100 or so on each comeout with repeat 7's vs a longshot at hitting the FB...

Inspector.

wudged

Post by wudged » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:49 pm

$nakeeye$ wrote:WHAT IF ANYTHING - KEEPS YOU FROM THROWING AN ALL 7 SET AND WAGERING ACROSS - LAY BETTING ACROSS FOR YOUR ENTIRE HAND -

YOU CAN ONLY LOSE 1 NUMBER / BET ON EACH THROW ?
A 24:6 or 4:1 chance of losing something

KnowNothing

Post by KnowNothing » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:24 am

$nakeeye$ wrote:~the ' No 4/10 ' All 7 Set - is 4/3-5/2 with the 6/1 on the axis.

The ' No 4/10 ' set is the preferred set ONLY because it AVOIDS the majority of the CRAPS numbers
Long term math speaking... would opt for 4/3-5/2 SE shared & forget the high H/E crap props.

Had always wondered why most avoided the 6/1 showing, the heightened probability of crapping with it was covered by Heavy in the APC video (DVD was an added perk thrown in for attending an event).

Personally, I desire to win my passline wager while lessening the probability of losing it. My lady has picked up a habit of crap-checking on the come-out. :? She definitely did NOT develop it from playing with me.

Two pence,
KN