switching between PL and DP

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

heavy
Site Admin

Re: switching between PL and DP

Post by heavy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:07 am

(Heavy raises hand) Triggers. Yeah, I have triggers. More than I need, I suspect. First, let me refer you to my Transition Moves article here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8&start=20#p2759

I'll get into triggers a bit tomorrow when I have more time. Meanwhile, the rest of you guys feel free to jump in and welcome Will to the board.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

Pacecar

Post by Pacecar » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:43 am

I do it all the time. I usually don't bet on the come-out roll until a point is established. If the point is a 6 or 8, then I make place bets. If the point is a 4,5,9, or 10, then I make a DC bet. If a come-out is a 7, then I go to PL. If the come-out is 11, I bet on field and PL. If there is a PSO, then I make a DP bet. If the come-out is craps, then I make a field bet with big red hedge.

wild child

Post by wild child » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:17 pm

Another ploy is make a Don't Pass with( single LAY OPTIONAL)

Follow with Three Don't Come wagers no lay wager

Then TRANSITION TO COME BETS TABLE MINIMUM WITH SINGLE ODDS
maintain COME BETS until there is a DECISION ( EITHER 7 OUT or MORE REPEATING NUMBERS)

W C

amish dude

Post by amish dude » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:33 pm

My thought are let them make 2 box #'s and 1 pass, then tip toe into the game or hit the dark side all the time where you have a 50/50 chance
The opinions stated here are the sole opinions and rights of the Author

amish dude

Post by amish dude » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:33 pm

$nakeeye$ wrote:SaTx247 -

You know - Linda says the same thing -

I should just " wing 'em and fling 'em " -

Kind of samo-samo to a John Daly type scenario -

" Grip 'it and Rip 'it " -

You probably have NOT been hanging out at the wrong places -

You just have NOT been hanging around with the right players !

$...eE..$
SaTx247 wrote:Thank you to everyone who replied. You've given me some ideas to think about.

SnakeEyeS - In regard to evaluating each individual shooter, if I followed your advice I would be a full-time darksider. I see many people set the dice but then they throw them with nothing remotely resembling a consistent toss. Maybe I've just been hanging out at the wrong places all these years. The longest rolls I've ever seen have all been by little old ladies who were obviously random rollers.

Will
I good DI wants consistency at our4 last outing with snake $y$
I tossed a 23 roll hand for that session using the 3 V set the leader had 27 toss's I made 3 pass's and 2 hard ways snak$y$ can attest to
The opinions stated here are the sole opinions and rights of the Author