Did you bet the pass line when you’re not the shooter?

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

grinder2017

Did you bet the pass line when you’re not the shooter?

Post by grinder2017 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:02 pm

Question, do you bet the passline when you’re not the shooter and if so, how do you handle your press on the pass line when that number is hit? Or another question you have a box number pressed up and it becomes the point?
Cheers Grinder

Big O

Re: Did you bet the pass line when you’re not the shooter?

Post by Big O » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:13 pm

It varies for me. If i am playing the ATS i will play the pass line. If not i dont usually play it. When the number becomes the point depends on who the shooter is, what the number is and how the game is going. I dont have a set in stone move.
"if it was easy anyone could do it"

220Inside

Post by 220Inside » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:20 pm

I rarely play the pass line when I'm not the shooter. If I'm with other known shooters, and the table has a bonus bet that requires a line bet then I'll have one out there then. Other than that, no. Well, unless I'm playing OHCM or some other grind it out variant on other shooters, then I'll likely be on the DP.

AllahPena

Post by AllahPena » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:49 pm

I don't think its ever a good idea to bet the pass line if you can avoid it. Always better placing the # but I do both anyway.

kumar

Post by kumar » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:41 pm

I start by placing the numbers;once shooter makes 2 passes I also play the pass-line with odds;if I win I bet the winnings and so on.
I am a $220 inside better;first hit place the 4 and 10 for $25 each;second hit regress the inside bets to $110 .At this point I have $20 at risk.
Once shooter makes 2 points I go $25 on the pass-line with $80 odds;if shooter makes the 3rd point then on the 4th point I risk my winnings from the 3rd point and so on .Lets say the 3rd point was a 5 ;I collect $145 and go $25 on the pass-line with $125 odds.Point was a 6.I collect $175.On the 5th point I go $25 on the pass-line and $150 odds;point is a 4.On a win I collect $325. The 6th point is a 9;I go $30 on the pass line and $300 odds and so on.In the last 2 years I have run into shooters twice who have made 11 points.
In such a streaky game one runs into a shooter who bangs away on place bets and then some shooters hardly repeat place bets but bang away point after point.

kumar

Post by kumar » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:06 pm

Further clarification-playing the pass-line from the start increases the initial money at risk;there are many sessions where shooter after shooter may roll a few numbers but never make the point so why not wait for the shooter to prove himself by making a couple of points before jumping on the streak

skasower

Post by skasower » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:37 pm

Kumar, I agree pass line bets on unknown shooters is too risky. I can be tempted to place numbers or don't numbers depending on what number the unknown rolled. If the table had been cold for a while, I really go to the dark side after even a 6 or 8 is tossed.
Profe$$or Ka$hFi$h

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:10 pm

Yeah, I more or less track what's going on at the table to see who the shooters are and who the randies are - and to see if there's a guy there who just happens to be fortune's child that day and luck is following him. I'll bet the Pass Line and the ATS on those who qualify. The rest - OHCM or straight Don'ts if they're really bad. If they don't suck so bad they stink I might bet a Six and Eight and try to get a couple of hits and regress, then go from there.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

kumar

Post by kumar » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:54 am

Skasower,you are on target
Dont play has to be part of the arsenal
Another item we have not discussed on this thread but should be part of the arsenal is taking the juice out of a roll;a good press,when successful ,can cover a lot of sins
It eventually comes down to money management;i.e.how much to risk at that moment in time on that specific shooter given current table dynamics;if each shooter is making one or two points by all means have a portion of your funds on the pass-line with odds from the start