Roulette Probability Question

Believe it or not, craps is not the only game in the casino. Savvy players have a back-up plan for when their craps game is off. If Heavy isn't winning at Craps you're likely to find him playing Baccarat, Blackjack, or even Roulette. If the table games aren't working out he may even take a cigar break in the high limit slot area for a little hit-and-run action. But just like craps - you have to plan your play and play your plan. If you have a question on slots, video poker, carnival games or any table games other than craps, this is the place to post. Let's hear about the games you play when you're not playing craps! What's your game? What's your strategy? How's that working out for you? Inquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

Post Reply
Nicky Lightning
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:08 pm

Roulette Probability Question

Post by Nicky Lightning » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:45 am

Hi everyone. Is there anyone who could explain to me the probability of when betting straight up on 3 numbers at the same time in European roulette of winning 53 times out of 428 spins.

User avatar
heavy
Site Admin
Posts: 10510
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:46 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Roulette Probability Question

Post by heavy » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:13 pm

Yeah. The Wizard of Odd might be willing to answer it if you posted it on his website. I could eventually sort it out, but it would require me dragging down my college text book on calculating odds on various bets and doing more math than my 74 year old brain can endure these days. When I tried to run it on my .99 cent pocket calculator I can tell you the answer was ERR.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

Nicky Lightning
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: Roulette Probability Question

Post by Nicky Lightning » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:53 pm

Yeah I couldn’t a find probability calculator online to figure it out. I used a percentage calculator to figure out that the the expected wins is about 34 since I have an 8.1% chance of winning on each spin. I’ve won 70 times my initial buy in playing a certain way and I’m just wondering how legit it is. However sample size is most likely to small to know for sure.

wild child
Posts: 1519
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: Roulette Probability Question

Post by wild child » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:34 pm

Nicky Lightning wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:45 am
Hi everyone. Is there anyone who could explain to me the probability of when betting straight up on 3 numbers at the same time in European roulette of winning 53 times out of 428 spins.
It is rare to find a casino offering the Single ZERO Roulette Wheel in the U S A.

The American Roulette Wheel appears to RULE casinos sea to shinning sea.

My experience is to check the TOTE BOARD
When it indicates that the two most frequent numbers are
in the same verticle column... AND of THE SAME COLOR...
.....My wager is to bet THAT Columns( 1 or 2 or 3 )
AND
THE SPECIFIC COLOR RED or BLACK

You may prefer to "PAPER TRADE (wager) "
the concept
prior to PLACING AT Risk of LOSS YOUR $ usd TREASURE

just me saying
w c

Nicky Lightning
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: Roulette Probability Question

Post by Nicky Lightning » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:15 pm

I’m playing online. They offer live dealer Single zero roulette where I live.

wild child
Posts: 1519
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: Roulette Probability Question

Post by wild child » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:13 pm

Nicky Lightning wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:15 pm
I’m playing online. They offer live dealer Single zero roulette where I live.
N L

I had not considered the online possibility.

Have you considered slicing the Single Zero Wheel into smaller slices?

Like a pizza pie...

For starters try four slices......
The ZERO allows one slice larger than the other three.

Any "CLUSTERING of numbers" or non-clustering would show.

Keeping a running score may direct your wager(s) in real-time.

Just me saying
w c

User avatar
heavy
Site Admin
Posts: 10510
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:46 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Roulette Probability Question

Post by heavy » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:15 pm

It's kind of funny. If you cruise on one of Royal Caribbean's Oasis Class Ships they have two roulette games. On the non-smoking side of the casino they have a single zero wheel. On the smoking side they have a double zero wheel. If both games are open - the double zero game will be packed and the single zero game will have one to three players almost every time. It's weird. I remember hearing a player walk up to the dealer at the double zero game and ask if it was a triple zero game. The dealer said no, it was not. The player refused to play, saying she only played triple zero games. What a dumbass.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

wild child
Posts: 1519
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: Roulette Probability Question

Post by wild child » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:14 pm

heavy wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:15 pm
It's kind of funny. If you cruise on one of Royal Caribbean's Oasis Class Ships they have two roulette games. On the non-smoking side of the casino they have a single zero wheel. On the smoking side they have a double zero wheel. If both games are open - the double zero game will be packed and the single zero game will have one to three players almost every time. It's weird. I remember hearing a player walk up to the dealer at the double-zero game and ask if it was a triple-zero game. The dealer said no, it was not. The player refused to play, saying she only played triple zero games. What a dumbass.
The triple ZERO Roulette Wheel (also known as SANS ROULETTE WHEEL )
is allegedly available in Select Gambling Emporioums
frequented by SPECIAL PERSONAS

Would we call a
NO ZERO ROULETTE WHEEL

THE ZERO ZERO WHEEL :D

Nicky Lightning
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: Roulette Probability Question

Post by Nicky Lightning » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:09 am

Played quite a few more spins over the last few days. Haven’t tallied up the wins and losses yet. So far I’ve taken a $100 buy in and built it up to $16000. It’s unbelievable that I did it only flat betting three numbers and not betting more than 3% of the money I won.

wild child
Posts: 1519
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: Roulette Probability Question

Post by wild child » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:52 pm

Nicky Lightning
Check your Private Messages top of the first page

w c

wild child
Posts: 1519
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: Roulette Probability Question

Post by wild child » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:28 am

Nicky Lightning wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:09 am
Played quite a few more spins over the last few days. Haven’t tallied up the wins and losses yet. So far I’ve taken a $100 buy-in and built it up to $16000. It’s unbelievable that I did it only flat betting three numbers and not betting more than 3% of the money I won.
Recently, an acquaintance mentioned that
there is an online casino
offering

NO ZERO (as in nada => NO ZERO ) Roulette...just 36 numders

Should such actually exist, I suspect there are several
GOOTCHAS
attached to that offer

wild child
Posts: 1519
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: Roulette Probability Question

Post by wild child » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:51 am

heavy wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:15 pm
It's kind of funny. If you cruise on one of Royal Caribbean's Oasis Class Ships they have two roulette games. On the non-smoking side of the casino they have a single zero wheel. On the smoking side they have a double zero wheel. If both games are open - the double zero game will be packed and the single zero game will have one to three players almost every time. It's weird. I remember hearing a player walk up to the dealer at the double zero game and ask if it was a triple zero game. The dealer said no, it was not. The player refused to play, saying she only played triple zero games. What a dumbass.
Presumably
a ZERO ZERO ( NO ZERO ) just 36 numbers would offer perhaps
a straight-up EVEN GAME, presumably NO HOUSE EDGE.

Single Zero gives THE HOUSE a 2.7% edge
Double( TWO ZEROS) gives THE HOUSE a 5.26% EDGE

Triple ( THREE ZEROS) gives THE HOUSE a 7.69% EDGE

If ever there is a FOUR ZERO ROULETTE WHEEL
the HOUSE EDGE SWELLS TO==================>10%

w c

Post Reply