"Between a rock and a hardway"

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

heavy
Site Admin

Re: "Between a rock and a hardway"

Post by heavy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:59 pm

You only have to risk one buck to score a win on the hardways. A $1 hard six parlays to $10. If it hits a second time you can parlay it to $100. The third hit brings down $1000.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

Maddog

Post by Maddog » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:47 am

If you are tracking an ability to repeat hardways without a seven or a softy in between, then you can always experiment with a $1 hardway and track how often you complete the parley to $100. Once you prove to yourself that you complete it often enough, you can up the starting amount.

When you buy in, give the dealer an extra $20 (i.e. buy in for $520 instead of $500) and ask for a "stack of white/blue" for the $20. Put those 20 chips off to the side or in you back rack and use those for your hardway parley experiment. If you win the parley, put the winning in the back rack. If you clear out the back rack without any wins, you'll have learned something there also.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:05 am

Yep. Cheap lesson for $20.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

Americraps

Post by Americraps » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:20 pm

I would imagine that betting heavy on the HWs , then setting for and nailing them, might be a heat producing event, but I'm just imagining here. No real experience to back that up.
See it in your mind FIRST...Then do it!

CrapsForever

Post by CrapsForever » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:35 pm

I have seen Craps Teams on the same table where the shooter sets for the Hardway and the "Moneyman" of the team bets big on the Hardways. Shooter does not get Heat because he has no "dog in the game".

This is one of the major reasons why I think there should always be at least Two Craps players on the same Craps table working together preferably as an undercover team...
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." - Baudelaire