Charting Players and Tables for Trends

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

heavy
Site Admin

Re: Charting Players and Tables for Trends

Post by heavy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:58 am

It's not really an edge thing. However, I can tell you that I do tend to score more wins when I'm charting. This is likely because I'm simply paying closer attention to the action, but for whatever reason - the end result is that it pays off for me. Others see no value in that and if that's what they believe then they are right. I doubt that anyone is going to convince anyone else one way or another in this discussion.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

rhythm roller

Post by rhythm roller » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:56 pm

irish wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:46 pm That would be an interesting topic for a thread. The ambient value of mathematically specious beliefs. I actually agree there's value to charting. The value is not contradictory to independent trials though.

Do tell Irish! What is the value that you see and how is it not contradictory? Would love to hear your more detailed thoughts on this subject. Thanks!
"The difference between try and triumph is a little umph."

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:19 pm

I take ambient when I can't sleep.

Oh . . . wait . . .
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

rhythm roller

Post by rhythm roller » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:35 pm

Very serious request Irish. Thanks for your thoughts! I actually like the idea of charting as a cover of sorts. I think there are things to be gained by it but for me a number to bet or not bet is not one of the things. Everything is a work in progress so ask me again in 5 years and I may be seeing betting patterns after charting.
"The difference between try and triumph is a little umph."

Bankerdude80

Post by Bankerdude80 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:15 am

Thanks Irish for that perspective.

Last bumped by heavy on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:15 am.
"Take the Money and Run...."
- Steve Miller Band