Doey Dont

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

advdel77

Doey Dont

Post by advdel77 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:37 pm

I recently played a Doey Dont system where I played in a $15 table. If 6/8 rolled I placed $25 odds, 5/9 layed $15 to $30 odds depending on the shooter, and always layed $30 odds on 4/10. I had 3 winning sessions with the first sessions cashing out $990 on $500 buy in. The other 2 sessions were a grind with small wins of between $45 and $65 from what I remember. My question is if I placed odds on 5/9 would I have won or lost more? What do you think of this strategy?

Moe Bettor

Re: Doey Dont

Post by Moe Bettor » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:17 pm

Well..y'know you're giving something to the house on every hand with a doey don't and the 12 is a killer and if you hit the 5 or 9, 4 or 10..well you know the drill. But the 12 is infrequent and if you like your hedge and it's working for you, what the hell. I personally only take one hedge sometimes..the yo on the Dp come out. Other than that..no hedging. Weird stuff lives in hedges, most of it not friendly.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:35 pm

The other thing to remember is that the house rates you as a $0 bettor when playing the Doey-Don't, so don't expect to receive any comps for your play.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

advdel77

Post by advdel77 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:36 pm

Will change strategy. Thanks for information. Did not know that. advdel77

Tgold

Post by Tgold » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:26 am

Hi advdel77 / thx for post.
Your wagering regime will keep you close in most sessions and u will likely win more sessions than you lose(as indicated in your wins above).

Personally, I would be more in favor of just eliminating the DOEY and only send out the DONT & lay odds regardless of its landing spot. I would keep the lay odds on 5/9 the same on all shooters(say $30 based on your ranges mentioned above instead of trying to profile the shooters ). I would be in favor of setting a loss limit to whatever you buy in for and do not limit the win amount. Play through your buy in amount once and assess how much you are ahead or behind. If your ahead >20% consider taking a break/ dont play through your winnings(only the orig buyin amount). If your behind play through the residual buyin again (or take a break).
You will still have losing sessions or multiple losing sessions that will equal your initial buy in( though rare/ they are capped or limited). You will play many sessions and have many winning sessions on that one buyin. Keep us updated on the continuation of your winning streak.

Best of skill to you.
All the best,
Tgold

advdel77

Post by advdel77 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:47 am

Thanks for the reply. I will definitely go don’t or pass line, or DC or place bets.. definitely want some comps for playing. I watched a guy at the table with the most chips and just copied what he was doing and it worked out that day.