Take and Press

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

Bandit

Take and Press

Post by Bandit » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:51 am

How do you understand and use "take and press"? Pressing only the number that hits or pressing any of your numbers?
I am currently wargaming a regression that sets up $66 inside, it then calls for "take and press". I look forward to other shooter's input!
I am already out of the hand, locked up profit.
Bandit
" show me a 32 Juice Roll"

heavy
Site Admin

Re: Take and Press

Post by heavy » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:30 pm

Typically take and press means taking the first hit, then pressing the second hit on the number that hit. Let's take your $66 inside example:

$15 Five - $18 Six - $18 Eight - $15 Nine

First Hit - NINE - Pays $21 - Lock Up $21
Second Hit - Eight - Pays $21 - Press to $36 - Lock up $3 (some guys would take the $3 change and bet it on the Hard 8)
Third Hit - Eight Repeats - Pays - $42 - Lock up $42 (you now have $66 locked up - bets paid for)
Fourth hit - FIVE - Pays $21 - Press to $35 - Lock up $1 (some would press to $25 and lock up $11 - I go to $35)
Fifth Hit - NINE - Pays $21 - Lock up $21
Sixth Hit - FIVE Repeats - Pays $50 for $1 - Lock it up.

You get the drift.

I think you may be wondering about the "press all the numbers" concept, which is another way to do. So I'll mention it simply because it works well for the first press off $66 inside:

Five $15
Six $18
Eight $18
Nine $15

First hit on any number pays $21. Drop $1 and Press $22 inside. Say "Make my action look like $88 inside.
Second hit on any number pays $28. Same bet.
Third hit on any number pays $28 - "Make my action look like $110 inside" and get $6 change.
Fourth hit on any number pays $35. Same bet.
Fifth hit on any number pays $25. "Make my action look like $132 inside" and get $13 change.
Sixth hit pays $42.

Something like that. If I were playing that approach at some point I'd probably invoke a power press and go across - most likely after the sixth hit pays $42. Go to $164 across or something along those lines - assuming the four and ten were coming to the party. Otherwise, just dance with what brung you.

In any case, it can't last forever so remember to regress.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy