Investing in your place bets

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

gargoil

Investing in your place bets

Post by gargoil » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:02 pm

Some players like to make a profit from their bets before transitioning to a different play. I like to use my place bets as investments. I consider each bet as a standalone instead of looking at total money on the table and the need to make some of it back before pressing. Using Green chips as an example, regardless if I have $130 on the line, I look at it as having a $25 on the four, a $30 on the six, etc. and work my play from there investing in the numbers that are hitting and cashing / eliminating the numbers not hitting. Any thoughts?
==================================================
Practice doesn't make perfect.... Practice reduces the imperfection.
Practice doesn't make perfect.... It just makes you better.

Moe Bettor

Re: Investing in your place bets

Post by Moe Bettor » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:21 pm

Exactly. Either money works for you or it doesn't. I use this method to finally bring bets down or turn them off when nothing has hit for a couple rolls.

gargoil

Post by gargoil » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:59 pm

thnick wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:21 pm Exactly. Either money works for you or it doesn't. I use this method to finally bring bets down or turn them off when nothing has hit for a couple rolls.
But do you start from roll one or do you wait and see? For example I will use the four place bet. On the first hit I immediately take it to $75 and next hit go to $150. Some will go to $50 on first hit and pocket the $25 while others may take the entire $50 on the first hit then press. I start from roll one and if the four is not hit again then I invest in other numbers that are rolling.

Lkwd

Post by Lkwd » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:26 pm

gargoil wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:59 pm
thnick wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:21 pm Exactly. Either money works for you or it doesn't. I use this method to finally bring bets down or turn them off when nothing has hit for a couple rolls.
But do you start from roll one or do you wait and see? For example I will use the four place bet. On the first hit I immediately take it to $75 and next hit go to $150. Some will go to $50 on first hit and pocket the $25 while others may take the entire $50 on the first hit then press. I start from roll one and if the four is not hit again then I invest in other numbers that are rolling.
Gargoil

So You place $130 across.

The first 6 tosses are: 4,5,6 then 4,5,6.
Since you have pressed these numbers twice, would you take down the 8,9,10 or wait a few more rolls, then take down the 8,9,10
or let them play out ?

Thanks,

Lkwd

gargoil

Post by gargoil » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:07 pm

I usually let them play out for a while then take them down. They are not making me money.

DanF

Post by DanF » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:40 pm

There's two things to consider.

Average rolls per shooter in the past hour.

Have you been up or down a lot or do you need a little extra profitability to turn a profit.