Working the mean

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: irish, Maddog, 22Inside

Big O

Re: Working the mean

Post by Big O » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:16 am

Irish wrote,
a "crash and burn" because I played a session I didn't really want to play, at a property I didn't really want to play at, in conditions that were poor

A perfect description of my last outing. I would ad at a table i told my friends i would not play. In my defense they had changed the layout since i swore off of it and it was the only game in town. Still no excuse for letting it go as far as it did.
"if it was easy anyone could do it"

irish

Post by irish » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:16 am

thnick wrote:It's sort of like religion.
I'm soooooo NOT the person to make religious metaphors to. (even though I spent many years in Catholic school) Totally cracking up. But, to respond to your comment. It's not quite like religion in that your big data should indicate an edge even if your session data can't tell you one way or another. In other words, it's not just faith. If you were one of the folks hanging with a dark-skinned fellow that turned water into wine, you wouldn't consider it faith, even if most of the time he's just building some houses for poor folks and hangin' with some hookers.

Faith is If you're simply taking someone's word that some dude can abracadabra some pinot out of water.
"...Who it is that dislikes a man reveals much about the man himself.”

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." Voltaire
"Do right. Do - Do - Do Do right." Cabaret Voltaire

lownslow

Post by lownslow » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:34 pm

The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and onself for an oracle, is inborn in us all
Paul Valery .