Steep regression play on tables with known shooters

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

220Inside

Re: Steep regression play on tables with known shooters

Post by 220Inside » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:56 pm

Well, despite the best laid plans, the reasons for exploring the play I outlined wound up being unnecessary. I posted a trip report of that weekend and the private table we were playing on changed at the last minute from a $25 min, ATS table to $10 min FIre bet one. Totally messed with my head for a bit that's for sure.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:36 am

Well, you COULD STILL have played $160 across for two hits and regress to $18 six and eight. . .
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

Bankerdude80

Post by Bankerdude80 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:57 am

The table dropping from a $25 to a $10 minimum really saved my bankroll. Four hours in, I was almost at my Stop-loss limit. I hung in there and caught one shooters hand, where variance smiled upon me and I walked away from the session almost even. I would have been out and licking my wounds if the $25 minimum had been in place. Even with good shooters at the table, always play level headed and take nothing for granted. Go in with reasonable expectations.
"Take the Money and Run...."
- Steve Miller Band

220Inside

Post by 220Inside » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:43 am

Yeah, we all took a beating at the start on the first trip around the table, even at the lower minimum. I was also nearing my stop loss limit as well but stuck it out and we started having better rolls. I colored up with a nice profit at the end of the night. If we were at $25, I would never have survived either.

But absolutely agree on tempering expectations at the table, even with it being packed with good shooters. Stay disciplined and within your game.