Are there markers that indicate a hot hand in progress?

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

Sputnick

Are there markers that indicate a hot hand in progress?

Post by Sputnick » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:08 am

A few indicators that I have noticed that a hot hand is happening are:
Dice go off table, drink server ask shooter if he/she wants a drink, slow payouts, shooter make their point and 7 shows up on the come out roll and then disappears - shooter continues to roll box numbers. Of course generally speaking the shooter is using the same technique with his shot.

Anyone else's thoughts?

London Shooter

Re: Are there markers that indicate a hot hand in progress?

Post by London Shooter » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:40 am

A lot of money on felt and racks full of chips, big crowd round table, high fives and cheers after each roll, 4 suits in attendance, crop circles by the box.

DanF

Post by DanF » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:03 pm

People start pressing bets.

Pacecar

Post by Pacecar » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:27 pm

When one or more of the actual or imaginary DC traveled bets start losing - i.e. repeating box numbers after the point has been established.
Last edited by Pacecar on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bankerdude80

Post by Bankerdude80 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:11 pm

Fire bet lammers, ATS indicators, Repeater Indicators can sometimes clue you in. It can be deceptive sometimes if they toss a seven on the come out.
"Take the Money and Run...."
- Steve Miller Band

Dylanfreake

Post by Dylanfreake » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:24 pm

Any hot hand can end on the next roll of the dice.

Knick111

Post by Knick111 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:16 pm

feb 14 2018

Best indicater is......if you see Heavy shooting the dice. Jaime.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:38 pm

No, the best indicator is if you see me PASSING the dice back to the last shooter.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

r_ventura_23

Post by r_ventura_23 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:35 am

It's amazing the dice don't get passed back. There should be a code. 3 points or 12 box numbers the dice go back. Or some sort of tweek of this.

Moe Bettor

Post by Moe Bettor » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:25 am

Markers Schmarkers. So many books and articles have been written about this..the shooter makes his point, he's throwing inside numbers and he's qualified.. and then seven out. Play tough craps. You buy in, you see shooters going six rolls and out..the seven seems to be moving closer to pso. I go a DC for $15. If it moves to a pt..an inside point I make two other place bets.Outside number like 10 or 4? I hold with no place bets and lay odds. SIA's OHCM can come in here or DNatr's technique. Basically place the 6 and 8 along with your DC bet. If the DC bet gets knocked off, I leave the 6 and 8 and wait for new roll. Now let's say he comes out with a 10 or 2 or 4 or 3..Down with the place bets. Why you ask? Because the bum beat me and confusion reigns! However If the shooter comes out with the same freakin' number he just made..maybe he's got some rhythm going. I'll play that number and six and eight remain up. I guess those are my markers. We do the best we can

DarthNater

Post by DarthNater » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:58 pm

Actually Schmarkers work 50% of the time.......so when you see a Schmarker go with it - just be ready to go the other way when you see the next Schmarker.......

Thnick - thanks for the plug - being ready to go both ways - means being ready, as some times you don't realize you've seen a Schmarker..... missing seeing a Schmarker leads to the dreaded double Schmarker which leads to changing tables or your shorts.......
Your lack of faith in The Force disturbs me, Commander.......

House of Orange

Post by House of Orange » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:04 pm

We need a like button here!

Moe Bettor

Post by Moe Bettor » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:39 pm

The dreaded double Schmarker! Like a flagpole on a winter day with tongue attached. But I digress....

DanF

Post by DanF » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:42 am

I would say the best indicator is you see come bets being returned with profits, instead of swallowed down the drain.

Moe Bettor

Post by Moe Bettor » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:55 am

Here's the deal, IMHO. We're talking other shooters besides yourself, right? Random rollers..setters. So what about go in on a minimal basis, say $10 5 and 9 if the shooter comes out inside or meets one of yr other schmarkers. Why 5 and 9. Cause you get 14 for 10. So you take that 14$ and go 6 or 8 with $12. Now you have 3 numbers working and you are only out $18 and two rolls have gone by. Now if a bunch of junk appears instead of this glorious procedure..you can pull everything down. Some people start 10 and 4 and move inward. Seems best to try and get numbers paying for themselves. I guess I can go with an $18 or $20 loss when pressing the hell out of what happens next. How many times can you do this with yr. buy in before a decent hand happens? Dunno. I guess you could get racked by a long series of PSOs or real shorts. But there's always a switcheroo to the dark side, right?