The $25 Table

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

heavy
Site Admin

The $25 Table

Post by heavy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:06 pm

It always amazes me how we let the crap between our ears keep us away from some of the best shooting opportunities around. And yes, that means walking up to that empty $25 game and getting some action on the line. Okay, admittedly it's not likely to work for you with a $200 buy in. If you're playing successfully with a $200 buy in in a $5 game then the numbers work. You just multiply your average bet times five. If you normally play a $6 six and eight you'll play a $30 six and eight. Easy, right?

Ah, but then you have to deal with that "contract" bet on the Pass Line. Well, let me give you a couple of options there. Play $30 on the Pass line and $25 on the Don't Pass. This is the ONLY situation where I recommend playing a Doey Don't. Stagger the bets like that and you basically have cut the table down to a $5 game. Yeah, I know. Bar the 12 will bite you on the ass one roll in thirty-six. So go ahead. If it makes you feel better then toss out a $1 Midnight. Over the long run it's a losing bet - but it's like life insurance. You buy it but you hope you never have to use it.

You can take $25 in odds on even numbers and $30 on the five and nine. No problem. You're off to the races.

Let's say you are a regression kind of guy. Then start out with $110 inside. After one hit regress to $30 each on the six and eight (take down the five and nine). Now you have $30 at risk to win $35. I'll take that action. Same bet it on the next hit. Then you can press the six and eight to $42 each on the next hit and collect another $11 for the rack. If you get another hit - rack it. Then, on the next hit, when they pay you $50 for $1 you can replace the five and nine (or buy the four and ten) for $25 each. The sky is the limit from there, because all of your place bets are paid for.

The $25 game is no green monster if you attack it correctly. Go ahead. Give it a shot.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

mssthis1

Re: The $25 Table

Post by mssthis1 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:17 pm

If you play outside numbers, the $49.00 you get for the bought 4 or 10 verses the $45.00 you get for $25.00 worth of $5 or $10 place bets is a no brainer. If you press the first outside hit to a quarter at a low denom game, you have $24 in your rack instead of $3. Or, same bet the first hit and you have $49.00 in your rack with the same action you'd have at a lower denom table with $3 to show for it.

I'd rather play 15 minutes alone at a $25 table, than several hours at a full $5 table to have the same amount of shooting opportunities.

220Inside

Post by 220Inside » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:08 pm

What sort of minimum bankroll is recommended to play at a $25 table? At least $500 I would presume.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:16 pm

I'd prefer to be at $1000. It really depends on how much you're planning to bet per hand and how conservative of an approach you plan to take. To play $25 on the PL with $25 odds plus $110 inside I'd want to have $1600 - $2000. If planning to play a regression strategy you could get by with about 2/3 of that, I suspect. Personally, I'd probably start at $42 each on the six and eight and collect a couple of times. Then take one of the payoffs and use it to buy the four and ten for $25 each. Then I'd have four numbers working for me that would net me $49 on each hit. I'll drop dollars and collect two green chips all day.
- Heavy

wild child

Post by wild child » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:47 pm

As the Minimum wager level INCREASES the table census diminishes..
Will ALL the PLAYERS on a higher Minimum $ craps table be more proficient than the
huddled masses / throngs found at craps tables with smaller minimum price of admission...

NO GUARANTEE and $ U S D lost on said craps table are not warranted for return....

You may find YOU have by far more opportunity to fondle the dice and toss them
to the limit you may comfortably feel you may afford......

Back in Antiquity ........perhaps as far back as early 1990's few craps tables offered
greater than single or double odds.....If you curb your enthusiasm and limit your risk
of $ U S D to the $25 - $50 range , a Buy In of $800 - $1,000 MAY serve as adequate
to underwrite the fluctuation frequent experienced
when first entering THE GAME at that level. .
Your comfort level may less stressed were you to have a BANK ROLL of $4,000 - $5,000
of capitalization dedicated for the purpose of underwriting your gaming or wager making...
In the mind of me,talking from hard learned e x p e r i e n c e ,funding at that ratio
is a guideline for a minimal level as a greater $amount funding will cushion THE Dips...

The above rant
is
just me saying
w c

Bankerdude80

Post by Bankerdude80 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:25 am

Catch a hot hand when betting at a $25 table and you have the opportunity to be in-the-money for a decent profit. How many press moves to get to green on a $5 table? The moves to get to black should be shorter on a $25 table.
"Take the Money and Run...."
- Steve Miller Band

mssthis1

Post by mssthis1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:16 am

22Inside wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:08 pm What sort of minimum bankroll is recommended to play at a $25 table? At least $500 I would presume.

Buyin or bankroll? I usually buy in for $500 and may do a rebuy if the table conditions and how I feel warrant it. You'll need a significant bankroll to survive the ups and downs and I recommend only having a small percentage of it in your pocket so a bad day doesn't put the big hurt on your bankroll.

If you don't normally play at that starting level don't press anything until you get your initial layout back. If I'm tossing repeaters I break that rule but you have to see what is happening in real time and know your own toss to make that decision.

DanF

Post by DanF » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:30 am

1000x 20 means you need 20k to risk a 25$ table.

I like 600$. Its a decent compromise.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:45 pm

I reprinted an old article on playing $25 games in this month's newsletter, which went to your e-mail boxes last night.
- Heavy

sawman

Post by sawman » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:55 pm

I think I would play a 2 hit and down strategy. Getting down after maybe after 5 or 6 rolls. Betting 60.00 6and 8. Or maybe just one number for 120.00. I like betting one number. I have had some success betting this way. I don’t know if it would be considered a good strategy overall

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:30 pm

The more I think about this - if I'm the shooter I want $110 even numbers. I'd probably do $25 DP with a $30 Pass line bet. Probably take $30 odds, but depending on the point established I might go $50.

Good thinking on that single number, though, Sawman. Particularly if you are the shooter and you're playing your signature number with whatever set you're using.
- Heavy

Sputnick

Post by Sputnick » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:09 pm

I enjoy shooting the dice.

I generally find a low population of players on $25 tables. That allows me to get the dice back quicker and potentially find a shot that will produce box numbers.

If I am playing on a $5 or $10 table, I get physically tired waiting for the dice to make there way back to me. Also, I get bored and start betting on too
many random shooters bleed off my bankroll.

Also, if I can not find a shot that works for me on a $25 table, I always have the option to walk away to a low denomination table.