Since today is Labor Day - Working or Not Working?

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

heavy
Site Admin

Since today is Labor Day - Working or Not Working?

Post by heavy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:28 pm

Yes, it's been a LONG time since we've run a WOTCO thread, so let's jump in with both feet. Working On The Come Out is what the acronym stands for. You are an advantage shooter. You may or may not have a specific Come Out game. Examples of Come Out Games:

1. Set for the Sevens and make a substantial PL bet or hop the sevens on the Come Out.

2. Set for the Horn numbers and bet the Horn, World, or Any Craps on the Come Out.

3. Set for a specific point and hop that point on the Come Out.

4. Use your normal point-cycle set, Place your normal point cycle bets and Work on the Come Out.

There you go. Four different approaches. There are certainly more (hardways, lay all the numbers, etc.). What do you think is the best approach. Do you ever work on the Come Out. Have you ever laid all of the points on the Come Out and set for the seven? Do you play the Horn/World come out game and attempt to toss twos and twelves? Regardless of your approach - please give specific examples. War stories welcome. The more info the better. Anyone?
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

220Inside

Re: Since today is Labor Day - Working or Not Working?

Post by 220Inside » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:53 pm

I'm a set for the horn and bet the world kinda guy. Use an X6 set, 2/3 facing. In Vegas this past June I had a nice come out sequence of 2-12-2-12.

Operator

Post by Operator » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:14 pm

Ok in all reality if I have to tell the truth its I'm number 2 I put a world up to macth my passline amount I always parly the world then same bet.Ok a story one night at Evansville I notice a guy who tossed a lot of crap on the come out he was a randy but god love him he always came up with a crap number on the come out a lot.
I went 10 dollar world 12 parlay 12 why I didn't go straight up 12 is a mystery to me any who racked that: next toss 11 parly next toss 3 same bet next toss 12 again hmmm press just alittle bit next toss 2 then a point of 5.I would like to say I was very reseved with my reaction but I leaned over the table as they pushed the money to me and pointed at the guy and said your the gd man heh heh.
I think the world bet is the crack cocaine of the craps world.When its good its great but most of the time its not so good not as bad as the all tall and small bet that thing is a black hole.

Bankerdude80

Post by Bankerdude80 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:44 pm

I rarely WOTCO, although I usually work my hardways all the time. When using my comeout toss and I'm "on" I have a propensity to toss crap numbers and hardways. The occasional natural seven will show and kill the HW's, but hey my World is a push. ;)
"Take the Money and Run...."
- Steve Miller Band

Cap-n_Lou

Post by Cap-n_Lou » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:17 am

One of my favorite bets is to lay the 4 and/or 10 on the come out. Most people at the table are rooting for the natural and they don't notice my bet, and when the natural shows we are all happy. However I have noticed the dealers get annoyed when I take the bet off after the come out when it doesn't hit.

Wizard

Post by Wizard » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:58 am

I admit, I continue to be a fan of WOTCO – but tread lightly as follows. I am more inclined to be bold with WOTCO when I am up money for the session and have something like an INSIDE bet in play. Having four numbers up gives me a good shot at getting the early payoff. Here is a summary of how I play when I desire to be WOTCO.

Start of any new session – I am NOT WOTCO. I need to see how my toss looks first. Once I establish a point, I then put up the bets whatever they are. After any 7 out losing hand where I never get a paying hit, – if I am a solo player - that means I get the dice right back after a seven out. In this case I do NOT WOTCO – as that 7 out triggers…”something wrong?” I often see in practice a come out seven immediately after a seven out. So I do NOT WOTCO after a net negative losing hand seven out.

Where I do WOTCO is as follows. Say I establish and make the point fairly quickly. Say 5, 6 4 5 win. Or 6 5 6Win or 8 8 win. In this case I DO WOTCO for the next come out roll as my dice are behaving well and I just carry on as if I am still in my point cycle.

To summarize…

1) – New Session – NOT WORKING
2) – After 7 out (if the hand was a total loser) – NOT WORKING next hand.
3) – After making a point within 4 rolls or less – WORKING.
4) - If I roll something like 4 3 11 12 6 8 9 10 8 5 12 4 win. This is still a point made – but to me I have been rolling TOO LONG to risk WOTCO as the seven “feels like its due” as I have tossed 10 or so tosses without seeing one.
5) – After any successful hand I will be WOTCO on the next hand – especially if I get the dice back right away.
6) – If I toss a come out seven and lose my bets…I do NOT replace them right away. I tend to toss seven’s in clumps so I avoid losing successive bets to a string of sevens by getting the next point established first.

Now here is a little gem I got from “Memo.” He says…”4’s and 10’s are too valuable/precious to waste.” So a good play is to work ONLY certain numbers that you feel good about making. So let’s say you set a 2V and work your 4 and 10 only. If you toss a seven by mistake – you only lose your 4 and 10. Not the rest of your action as well.

A play I like is to put out a $10 four and $10 ten – and have them WOTCO. Your pass line bet acts as a hedge. Or you could hop sevens if you want – of course any of this hopping stuff is not for me. If the 4 or 10 hits and becomes the point – you have an immediate win. I then use that win to put up $25 odds.

Hope that makes sense.

Wizard.

Irukanji

Post by Irukanji » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:51 pm

I'll do $44 inside working on the come out. First hit, 6 and 8 go up a unit. Next hit, everything down. Rinse, lather, repeat.

After a couple of rounds of this I'll move on to $66 inside and do the 2 hits and down move.
Previous results are not indicative of future performance.

DarthNater

Post by DarthNater » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:05 am

Hmmmm, I posted this last night but it didn't stick, must be jet-lagged, anyway when I see WOTCO - I think its working the place numbers on the Come-out; I don't do that - as that is a heat magnet (See old Deadcat posts, as he loved to poke the house like that) - but I think it infuriates the boxperson......

However, everyone seems to be citing examples of the come-out Game Within the Game ( See old MP's Darkside Journey articles) - now that I will play - I love doing it with the $10 Free Bet vouchers: put the voucher on the pass line with a $10 World bet and an extra $2 on the ace-deuce. If a 2,3,11,12 hit - I make the World $25 and go again, etc. Sometimes you can really do some damage especially if you can harvest a 2 and a 12 in that sequence, which usually contains a couple of sevens to boot, cheers, D.N8r
Your lack of faith in The Force disturbs me, Commander.......

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:27 pm

Okay. I'll bite. What was strategy #2?
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy