Creating your own bonus bet

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

London Shooter

Creating your own bonus bet

Post by London Shooter » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:29 am

They got rid of the ATS at my place a couple of months back. Many of you will know that was (still is) a bet I really like. Yes, despite the high vig, I like the chance for a big hit relative to stakes and was always a good way to keep interested on a few randie hands with minimum other action in the game.

Now it has gone I need to create my own kind of play. Something that for small stakes is going to pay my say £70 at least as that is what I used to get from a £2 small (or tall).

I have a couple of ideas, one of which comes from a play His Heaviness has often featured in newsletters which I think fits the bill nicely for what I am looking at. I'll reveal my ideas once I have hopefully heard from a few other people.

So in short I am looking for a play that starts with no more than say a £5 or £6 initial investment as this is what I would place on an ATS. I don't just want a one roll bet, but something that may develop as a hand develops.

Just to set the scene, my game here is double odds only. We need to place a min $3 on any hardways and the min for other hops, props, craps type bets is £2.

I welcome any thoughts and suggestions on plays for me to consider.

acpa

Re: Creating your own bonus bet

Post by acpa » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:39 am

I haven't seen this mentioned for quite some time, but a bet called some like 'Army March'.

Make a bet on either the 4 or 10, just one of them. When it hits take it down and bet it all on the adjacent number5 or 9 depending on wher you started. When it hits move take it down and move to the adjacent number. Continue on across until you get to the other end number.

Don't remember what the total will be with the six hits, but it will be more than $70.

Noah

D

London Shooter

Post by London Shooter » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:59 pm

Acpa - right off the bat you have mentioned the exact play I was thinking of that H often talks about which is indeed the army march and seems to fit my needs.

So, £5 on the 4 pays £9.50 (yes we do things a bit different here), drop a 50p chip (we have those too LOL) and move all to the 5. £15 here pays 21. Conveniently that total works out well to be bet on the six for £36. Hit that and its £42 + 36 which is £78 and down.

I think then I could rack most of the money and maybe start on the 10 with say $10 to see if the process could be done again for double the return this time.

Alternatively, I stretch my initial budget to £10 and bet both the 4 and the 10 to start aiming for the army march on either (or both) sides. This might actually be more attractive two me given I'd always have two numbers in play.

Good input. Thanks.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:05 pm

Beat me to it . . . I was also going to suggest starting with (fill in your denomination and currency) on both the four and the ten and have them "march" toward each other. Wait. That's another variation of my "squeeze box" play. LOL. There's nothing new in this game . . . just new names for old stuff.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

London Shooter

Post by London Shooter » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:49 am

Of course one of the beauties of this plan which I only realised when I was thinking about the total moving from the 5 to the 6 (or 9 to the 8), is that it is always divisible by six, so that amount will always be a correct 6 or 8 place bet.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:10 am

Bingo. It takes a bit of explaining to the dealers first time you do it, but they catch on quickly. Especially if you piggyback a buck on your bet for them and they get to watch it grow.
- Heavy

220Inside

Post by 220Inside » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:19 pm

How about inverting that squeeze box play and work it to the outside numbers? Start with $12 6/8, hit pays $14, collect $1 and move $25 to the 5. Hit pays $35, drop $2 and buy the 4 for $60. Pays $120 for a total of $180 in the rack when taken down.

DanF

Post by DanF » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:48 am

18$ 6, when it hits drop 3$ to go to 42$ when it hits... your 3$ made you 70$(21+49).

London Shooter

Post by London Shooter » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:09 am

22i - I guess that's another way of looking at it by reversing the bet as you suggest. It all boils down to do you want an easy start and a tricky finish or vice versa?

Dan - I think you are stretching the truth somewhat to suggest the $3 makes you $70 :)

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:24 am

$49 and down and you're there. But damn few of us will go that route. Instead we'll take one hit - then go to $60 or $90 on the next one. I know I would.
- Heavy

DanF

Post by DanF » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:58 pm

My point was, you don't need to use the middle of the table when you play. Every dollar you put out there gets eaten 10 pourcent.

House of Orange

Post by House of Orange » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:27 pm

I really wonder what the odds and vig compared to the ALL bet would be for a $5 yo, parlayed once. $1280 and down vs $875 and down. Maybe start with $10 c&e on a $10 line bet, and if a yo rolls, parlay!

Big O

Post by Big O » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:17 pm

Too bad losing the ATS you will just have to come over and play it here. It would probably save me money if they took it away here but its my favorite of all the bonus bets i have seen. The first time rolled the dice i didnt even know what the numbers were for. No one had bet on it since i came to the table. Late the first night as the dice came to me for my first long hand ever one guy at a table of 4 shooters bet on it and i hit it. When they stopped my roll to pay him i started asking what was going on. They reset it and I went up on it 2-1-2. and rolled the small and only lacked the 12 of hitting it back to back. I have been hooked on it ever since.
"if it was easy anyone could do it"