Entertainment Bets

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

heavy
Site Admin

Entertainment Bets

Post by heavy » Sat May 06, 2017 3:28 pm

I've mentioned in the past that I set aside a percentage of my session bankroll for what I refer to as "entertainment" bets. Normally I stick with the lowest vig bets and attempt to maximize profit from them. But there are times when I want to have a little additional fun while not going overboard on risk. A good example is my $5 World plus $2 high low on the Come Out. I set the dice for the horn numbers and try to toss a 2 or 12. When successful, it pays $55. I typically press those bets on a win and should I be lucky enough to toss another 2 or 12 it pays $110. If the best I can master is a 3 craps or 11 then it pays $18. If the seven shows it's a push, but I win my Pass Line bet and often I'll just use it to press my World. I shooting for a string of five or six Come Out horn numbers to lock up a significant . . . and by significant I mean hitting my session win goal . . . win on the Come Out. It's not unusual for me to get a couple of hits. On one occasion I tossed aces four times back to back. On another I tossed six twelves back to back. One night in Shreveport I tossed eight eight elevens in a row. Eight, by the way, is the largest number of consecutive horn numbers I've thrown. Years ago, in a game at the Golden Nugget, a gal in our group tossed something like 13 consecutive horn numbers on the Come Out. That was insane.

Another "bored" play I'll make sometimes is my "squeeze box" play. I've been toying around with it of late and I think I'm going to combine it with a $15 Don't Pass play as a partial hedge going forward. But here's the play. Once the point is established you bet $32 across. That's one unit on every number on a $5 game. Now, whenever a number is rolled you take that wager down, combine it with the winnings from that decision, and press the next inside number. The ten goes to the nine. The nine goes to the eight. The four goes to the five. The five goes to the six. In the end you'll have only the six and eight up. The only time you add any money to any of the bets is when the four or ten hit. They pay $9 to $5 so you have to drop $1 to get $15 to move to the five or nine. Let's run through an example:

$32 across
9 rolls - pays $7 - take down the $5 bet and combine it with the payoff to get $12. Press the 8 by $12, making it look like $18.
4 rolls - pays $9 - drop $1 on the pay off and take down the place bet - then press the 5 to $20
6 rolls - pays $7 - same bet
8 rolls - pays $21 - same bet
10 rolls - pays $9 - drop $1 on the payoff and take down the place bet - then place the 9 for $15 (remember, the 9 hit earlier and we took down that place bet and moved it to the 8.
9 rolls -pays $21 - take down the $15 bet and add it to the $21 payoff - press the 8 by $36 - up to $54.

Okay, you see where this is going. Once you get all of you bets moved inside to the six and eight you'll have $54 each on them. My play in the past has been to collect $63 on the next hit - then regress everything to $32 across and start over. Looking at it today - I'd probably get serious about this whole play at that point, decide what the one dominant number was in addition to the six and eight and I'd regress to $85 in and go from there. But I'm getting in left brain mode now.

Anyway, now we get down to the question. Do you have "entertainment" bets you play other than the serious "money making" bets? Hardways? Hop Bets? Some other strategy like Al's Army March? Let's hear about it.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

Operator

Re: Entertainment Bets

Post by Operator » Sun May 07, 2017 8:09 pm

12 dollar 6&8 hard. 12 dollar 6&8 first hit hard parley and take down the easy number. If it hit easy replace the hardway until it hits.If a 7 rolls you lose it all.Thats a48 dollarloss if the hard way rolls easy after it hit hard once you made 2 bucks that number went down.

exsample 6 hit hard parly and take down the easy 6. Six rolled easy let it dye . You have a shot at the eight now ok it rolled easy replace the hard way hey guess what it rolled hard parly it rolled hard collect 1200 and run like hell for the cage. Now run like for the bar get druck ashell and dontgo near the table go to the room and sleep it off.
Best way to loss money I know of also only way to hit big is a hardway parly

Bankerdude80

Post by Bankerdude80 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:32 pm

I'll have a session budget for bonus bets and hardways. I'll include a $5 World plus $1 Ace Deuce in that budget if I am playing a come out game for my tosses only. If I am at a $15 minimum table, the bet goes to a $10 World only.

I'll budget for the following:

Fire Bets
$10 fire bet only on myself.
$1-$2 on known shooters (rarely- usually at APC seminar get together)

ATS (All- All Tall - All Small)
$5 on myself only (usually $2-$1-$2). Zero bet on everyone else. Maybe $1-$1-$1 on known shooters.
I've been tempted to play at a higher level since I've hit this bet many times. Contemplating $15 ($5-$5-$5).

Other weird bonus bets (Repeaters, etc)
$5 to $10 on myself only. Zero bet on everyone else. I don't like the high HA on these.

Hardways
$1 hard six and/or eight on myself and most shooters.
This one I parlay once. Press one unit on consecutive hits after that. (Rarely see more than two back to back).

Other Center Action
Mostly zero bet, although I used to play the see a horn bet a horn. It rarely paid off for me, so I stopped cold turkey.

I do bet the occasional two-way center bet for keeping table karma. Especially during stick changes, or if a shooter has one of the horn numbers
left on the ATS and they just did a payout on one side.

Hop bets
Mostly zero bet
Although I do hop the point occasionally if there is a significant EDE at the table.
During a come out toss, if one of my (6&8) hardways has parlayed, I'll call my HW off and hop the hard six and eight for $1 each. (minor hedge).

Once my budgeted action is gone, I make an effort to eliminate the entertainment bets completely.
These bets can be expensive if you're not hitting them. When the bets (other than bonus bets and hardways) hit, I usually press them.
I rarely parlay them.
"Take the Money and Run...."
- Steve Miller Band

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Tue May 09, 2017 10:51 pm

I am considering a new entertainment bet. It's called Progressively Laying the fourth, fifth, and sixth Fire Bet numbers. I think winning those bets on Randy is going to be fun and entertaining.
- Heavy

rhythm roller

Post by rhythm roller » Wed May 10, 2017 1:12 pm

I actually like that one Heavy! While I rarely bet Fire on myself or husband I would never lay against our making that bet. However, since I don't bet it on anyone else I like the idea of lay bets against them on the forth number and beyond.

I have a general question about parlays for those that do them. If you bet say $5 on a hardway or any other entertainment bet and want to parlay, do you Take your original $5 back off the bet right away so you will at least break even if the parlay doesn't work out? Just wondering about approaches since we are discussing entertainment bets.
"The difference between try and triumph is a little umph."

SHOOTITALL

Post by SHOOTITALL » Wed May 10, 2017 1:37 pm

Heavy: Were these folks at our lunch yesterday? We had a great discussion on this very subject (among about a hundred more).
Your craps plan? The dice gods laughed.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Wed May 10, 2017 2:45 pm

I have a general question about parlays for those that do them. If you bet say $5 on a hardway or any other entertainment bet and want to parlay, do you Take your original $5 back off the bet right away so you will at least break even if the parlay doesn't work out? Just wondering about approaches since we are discussing entertainment bets.
If a $5 hard six or hard eight hits it pays $45. The parlay takes it to $50. My personal preference is to press it to $25 and lock up $25. That locked up $25 helps cover my hardways that get knocked off by easy way rolls. With that said - if I bet a $1 hard six and eight my play is to parlay to $10 on the first hit for myself, then press to $25 on the second hit and $100 on the third hit. All comes down to personal preference, but I like to lock up a profit along the way on these as it is rare you complete a parlay.
- Heavy

London Shooter

Post by London Shooter » Wed May 10, 2017 10:00 pm

Myself and Howard may soon be checking in to Repeaters Anonymous. I did hit a 12 and a six from two hands this afternoon but I think the Rio won the entertainment side of things.

Bankerdude80

Post by Bankerdude80 » Thu May 11, 2017 6:57 pm

LS: +1
- Steve Miller Band

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Thu May 11, 2017 11:18 pm

I hate that I'm missing London Shooter's Vegas visit again this year. We'll have to do a better job of coordinating our schedules next year.
- Heavy

London Shooter

Post by London Shooter » Fri May 12, 2017 3:19 am

Hope so one day H.

Bankerdude80

Post by Bankerdude80 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:09 pm

heavy wrote:I am considering a new entertainment bet. It's called Progressively Laying the fourth, fifth, and sixth Fire Bet numbers. I think winning those bets on Randy is going to be fun and entertaining.
Will this be a naked lay? Or, would you be hedging with an actual fire bet?
- Steve Miller Band