What are your "turn off" signs?

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

Irukanji

What are your "turn off" signs?

Post by Irukanji » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:12 pm

We all have our own beliefs, superstitions, red flags and nuances. What are yours? When do you decide to tell the dealer to turn your bets off?

My red flag is when there is a conflict or drama at the table. Once negativity comes into the picture weather it's about a bet not being booked or a mis-payment or somebody screaming at another player about hands.... "Turn all my bets off please!"

If I am shooting and the waiter/waitress comes with my drink and makes me lose focus... "Turn all my bets off please!"

If another player with no clue about craps etiquette just throws his buy-in down in the middle of a roll... "Turn all my bets off please!"

Those are just some of my idiosyncrasies. What's yours?
Previous results are not indicative of future performance.

220Inside

Re: What are your "turn off" signs?

Post by 220Inside » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:30 pm

In addition to yours, well perhaps except for the waitress/drink trigger:

Dice off the table
Multiple crap numbers in the middle of a roll
Spouse/buddy walking up and distracting the shooter
Payoff of a carnival bet

flextimeLV

Post by flextimeLV » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:32 pm

Like a few others in this forum, I play the dark side exclusively. Once I establish a point, I keep it up until a decision. When did I ever 'turn off' my don't bets? It happened one night when mother nature turned them off. A storm knocked the power out several times at Lady Luck Caruthersville, MO. The emergency lights would kick on, but the security camera system kept going out, so each time they scrambled to cover the money and cancelled all bets. They would start over with a new come-out after restoring the security system. "Hey, I want my DP back up," I said, but the answer was notta. "How about giving me half? I had a nickel DP and DC on the table." Notta was the answer.

London Shooter

Post by London Shooter » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:07 am

Not many for me. Two consecutive trash numbers is probably my most consistent.

If you have too many indicators you'll have your bets more off than on :)

That's brings me to the other side of the same thing. When do you come back on? The whole guessing game can play with your mind too much.

Sometimes, instead of off, I'm just looking to take at least one or two bets off the table instead. Maybe even regress instead.

I also like Wizard's old mantra. He states that if there is a reason to be off, then for him he is down and that is the end of the hand at that point.

mastercrapsman

Post by mastercrapsman » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:11 am

I turn my bet off one roll when the dice is off the table, just my superstition (dirty dice for same dice call)
My pet peeve is the attitude problem on the part of the Dealers. I will color up when it persist even after betting for the boys. That is why
I prefer downtown Vegas. There are more friendlier tables.

Irukanji

Post by Irukanji » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:45 am

As to London Shooter's query of when to turn back on, I do so after three rolls but drop everything to table minimum and try to build up again.

DanF

Post by DanF » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:51 pm

When ever I get that voice that says take off your bets, I put it off for two turns and put back 1 bet running minimum and start pressing from it.

Maddog

Post by Maddog » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:16 am

My primary trigger, as some up thread mentioned, is table disturbances. Something that halts the game and/or escalates into shouting matches. Usually I'm gonna go into "bring me down", shortly followed by "Color coming in". Also, if there is something about the other players attitude or behavior that is disturbing me, I'll color up and go. I just don't need to play where I'm not enjoying it.

As far as turning bets off, I do it once and awhile for whatever silly reason I have at the time. I wouldn't say I have a specific reason. Most things at the craps table don't bother me much. Except maybe a person tossing cash on the table in the middle of someones roll. I tend to see that as rude and usually the player will go on to exhibit additional uncouth behavior... leads to what I said above.

Dark Side

Post by Dark Side » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:38 am

Only time I turn mine off is after a point is made and a new point is established. I turn the bets off for one roll to avoid a possible PSO.

wild child

Post by wild child » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:05 pm

If there are two indicators / signs they could cancel out the
negative energy...... The However Factor is when THREE ( 3) or more multiple indicators come together ..........Perhaps it is time to take a break.......

W C

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:08 pm

This topic has been discussed exhaustively on several occasions. Here's one such thread:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=112&start

Thanks for posting anyway. I realize new members probably don't read the new-member e-mails I send out, advising them to pick a sub-board that interest them, going to the earliest date on that sub-board and surf from that date forward until they've viewed the entire board. I realize there are . . . what . . . almost 60,000 posts on the forum and it's a lot to read through. But hey, if you go to the library you browse the shelves, right. Anyway, don't get me wrong. I appreciate the posts. That's what makes the forum work. I'm just feeling old and cantankerous today.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

flextimeLV

Post by flextimeLV » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:17 pm

And unfortunately, even thousand more posts which got lost in server transfers. Apparently, Irish and others worked on a don't progression which got lost in the ethers. I might be wrong about that.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:22 am

And unfortunately, even thousand more posts which got lost in server transfers.
Well, no. That's not quite true.

The original Axis Power Craps Forum was deleted by ProBoards many years ago when they decided to stop hosting gambling related forums. Ours was not the only one deleted. Ours was, however, the only one I'm aware of that successfully returned.

The forum has been through a couple of incarnations since then. In those instances where we've changed software or servers we've had anywhere from a few days to a few weeks elapse between the date that we backed up the forum until the date the server transfer was actually completed. Posts made in the interim fell by the wayside. In every case members were warned in advance and advised that if there were any recent posts they wished to preserve they should do so. The option was to continue to host the forum a server based in India that failed about every 90 days and ran at the Jurassic speeds - or to move it to a US based server that actually loaded the site when you typed in the URL. For what it's worth, I spent well over $2K of my own money on the last site makeover. Just last week I spent a tad over $200 on website (security) upgrades that were completely transparent to the members. The next three or four DVD packages I sell will just about cover that.

I cover 99% of the costs of operating this forum and the other websites out of my pocket. I accept no outside advertisements. I promote my own DVD's, classes, dice, and a few betting systems I partner with people on. These products cover the expenses of running the sites and this "hobby" business. I provide the forum free and yet there are some folks that still bitch about it. There is, of course, a solution. I can once again implement an annual charge for forum membership. January 1st is just around the corner. That would be a good time to begin. A subscription fee would insure that the people here actually want to be here. Yeah, we might lose half (or more) of our members, but most of them don't post anyway so what's the loss, right?

Honestly, those of you concerned about a few hundred missing posts should avail yourselves of the other 58,000 posts on the forum. When you've read all of them - then you can bitch about what you're missing. Or, you can go hang out with the short-bus crew on the other craps forums. I'm sure they would welcome you to the fold.
- Heavy

London Shooter

Post by London Shooter » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:36 am

My favourite was Heavy's Wrong Way Craps forum. I took the advice and read every single thread. It was a part of my game I knew little about. I now now a lot more, even if I play the don'ts only sparingly at times. At least I know the bets, the approaches, where to place my chips and so on. So much of that side of the game isn't overly obvious, even if you have been at the tables a good while over many sessions.

So yes, pretty much everything you could think of is still out there if you have patience and are prepared to dig and then read. H talks a lot of sense in that respect.

It is good though to have questions coming up even if they are repeats. Newer members, such as myself, will now happily chime in with answers and views. It's still fresh for us and feels quite good to get responses in on topics which not that long ago would be a complete mystery. That's what learning is all about.

Americraps

Post by Americraps » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:21 pm

I would say the biggest turnoff is when that hot Ginger with the nice clevage you've been eyeing at the table turns to face you and you suddenly notice she's(?)got a bigger bulge below the belt than you do.
See it in your mind FIRST...Then do it!

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:23 pm

Although most of the "triggers" to turn off bets have been mentioned in this thread, I thought I'd bump it for the benefit of our newer members.

What prompts you to turn off your bets. Hang on. Here comes that freakin' cocktail server again. . .
- Heavy

stratocasterman

Post by stratocasterman » Mon May 01, 2017 3:30 am

Irukanji wrote:My red flag is when there is a conflict or drama at the table.
Bingo! Seems to happen most all the time here at my one and only table! Seems ANY type of delay too just throws the whole hand on tilt and the "SO" is the next thing you hear.

It sounds absolutely stupid but, sometimes I just get that "feeling" and turn it all off or just take them all down.

Tossing back to back craps numbers is a turn off for me too...
What Heavy said...
"Get in, get up, get gone"

DanF

Post by DanF » Mon May 01, 2017 4:34 pm

1) Drunk or know badlucked guy buyin in middle of a roll and place big bets.

2) always off the first roll after point is made.

3) someone remove their bets in middle of a roll.

4) someone raise their bet stupidly in middle of a roll.

5) game is delayed by multiple big bets and hardways.

6) 2-3 horn number in a row.

7) in between points massive horn/7 streak.

I learned not to take everything off the table tho, I leave 1 bet up 6 or 8. For 18$

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Mon May 01, 2017 6:30 pm

Whenever she pulls off that redhead wig and it turns out she's a he. THAT is a turn off.
- Heavy

Irukanji

Post by Irukanji » Mon May 01, 2017 8:52 pm

Caitlyn?