Let's develop a useable negative progression for the don't

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

Dylanfreake

Re: Let's develop a useable negative progression for the don't

Post by Dylanfreake » Sat May 14, 2016 6:38 pm

That is good, JB . Having a progression with only $97 at risk is great in my opinion for players with smaller bankrolls . And it may be a good way to play for those with larger bankrolls.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:19 pm

The Fibonacci progression is one of my favorites and one I use from time to time when playing the Don'ts. The progression in units is: 1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 8 - 13 - 21 - 34 . . . and just keeps going forever in theory. Each bet is the sum of the previous two bets. You increase your bet size on a loss. After a win your next bet is the same as the last bet. The objective is to win two bets in a row for a profit. Then regress and start the progression over again. The problem comes when you have a hot hand (assuming you're flat betting the Don'ts) and someone catches a monster hand. You have to have loss limits in mind - a certain level you won't go beyond on the progression. I saw a guy lose $35K one night running a martingale on the sevens hop bet. Stupid. So you have to know when to say "whoa, screw this!" and move on.

I think we mentioned wolfbyte, aka wwwww, one of our old timers (now deceased) who liked to play around with systems. He posted about the Three-Capping strategy combined with the Neural, which is essentially a fibonacci system sold by someone who will remain nameless. wolfbyte ran multi-level progressions with stop limits. You might noodle through the forum searching for three capping or 3 capping, find those posts and explore them.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

House of Orange

Post by House of Orange » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:43 pm

Googled negative progression dice. Got this. Good read

Americraps

Post by Americraps » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:32 am

Al Falcons came up with a decent progression for odds on Don't. Two losses max per shooter, go rightside after 20 rolls. 1x odds,3x odds ,2x odds ,6x odds. Back to 1x on any win.
See it in your mind FIRST...Then do it!

House of Orange

Post by House of Orange » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:35 pm

Why would you not increase your line bet also? Keeping to single odds, a dp lost line bet, followed by a winning bet would increase your payout to 4x your original line bet. So a $10 lost bet goes to $20 plus single odds, seven out equals $40. As a di this seems to make more sense. You should have less sevens in the comeout and more on the point cycle. What’s wrong IMHO with with Al’s system is you lose $102 then win $70 based on point 6/8, $10 line bet. I’m sure he is basing this on other shooters, but no bet is a better way for other shooters.