How Would YOU Bet with a $100 Bankroll?

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

Dark Side

Re: How Would YOU Bet with a $100 Bankroll?

Post by Dark Side » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:54 pm

Is the bet on a DI only or random shooters?

DS

stratocasterman

Post by stratocasterman » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:47 pm

Bet on just myself...that way, I feel like I get good use out of all the practice I put into DI. On a RARE occasion, I might bet a little something on someone who dice sets/rhythm rolls and has had some success (Inside numbers, Horn).

$6 tables here

Being a previous nothing but $100 buy-in player, this would be my:

Half blaze of glory: this strategy gives me at least two shots at it for $100
$6 across the board WOTCO, $10DP - Open w/HW set toss, switch to the 2Vset and shoot 'em like you mean it and ride it out!

Full blaze of glory: go for it!
$86 across the board - $10 4&10, $15 5&9, $18 6&8 WOTCO, $10DP - Open w/HW set toss, switch to the 2Vset and shoot 'em like you mean it and ride it out!

Or for some fun :P maybe try a:

$94 - Lay 5&9 for $30 each, $20 PL, $4 Horn Hi-Low, $8 Hi-Low Yo - Shoot the Straight 6s Set (6/2 6/2) and hope to hit a Hi-Low or Seven!
What Heavy said...
"Get in, get up, get gone"

Dark Side

Post by Dark Side » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:27 pm

I see, a Kamikaze bet. How success has it been?

DS

Dark Side

Post by Dark Side » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:33 pm

I'm a don't player, don't toss.

For this bankroll I would place a $10.00 flat bet on the DP Bar only.

7 - 11 on the come out, I'm finished with this shooter.

2 - 3 on the come out, rack the win and flat bet, I'm finished with this shooter.

Shooter establishes point on first roll, I wait for a decision.

That's it. This is how I play, flat bets change based on amount of the bankroll decided before I walk through the door.

DS

Irukanji

Post by Irukanji » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:08 pm

No $5 tables around here. Mostly $10. If I am not shooting, I'll place either the 5 or 9 for $10. Usually go with the one closer to the point. If it hits, I'll ask the dealer to move that place bet to the 6&8 along with the winnings for a total of $12 each. First hit, same bet if the shooter has a DI sort of throw and setting. If said shooter is a RR, then "Take me down please!"

If it gets knocked off, then I'll wait for the next shooter. $10 loss.

I only do the pass line when I am shooting. Then I do 6&8 WOTCO using a 6/8 set. Collect first hit then do alternating collect and full press. Only pressing on the winning horse of course.

Once I get to $30 on 6/8, I'll start spreading across. Keeping pace with alternating and collecting and doing a full press on the winning horse.

Sometimes I'll do Heavy's power press of $18 on the 6 or 8 then drop $3 on the hit and power press to $42. Then take it from there.
Previous results are not indicative of future performance.

Matador96789

Post by Matador96789 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:59 am

I usually use Heavys green chip gold mine my first night in Vegas

DanF

Post by DanF » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:37 pm

A play that has been working good lately.
When someone else shoots.
10$ table.

Make a 18$ six bet.
On a win take 12$ 8 and 10$ 9 for 1$ extra, you are in for 19$ and can win 21 on a six 14 on 8&9.
Collect next two hits. Press 1 unit 6,8&9 (17$) collect 2 hits. Take down to a 12$ point place.

Sure a bunch of seven out kills your 100$ quick, but you make 100ish from succesful series and are in profit in third hit.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:23 pm

I usually use Heavys green chip gold mine my first night in Vegas
That served me pretty well in Tunica tonight (after a long ass drive and a decision to violate that "don't play on a travel day" rule). Took a couple of turns around the table to identify the three decent shooters (I was one of them). Bet the Don'ts on everyone else Tried a little one-hit can't miss at the $25 level. But the money came on the six and eight. Got both up to $180, but never only collected once at that level. Once again, charting shooters pays off.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

mssthis1

Post by mssthis1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:28 am

Dark Side wrote: flat bets change based on amount of the bankroll decided before I walk through the door.

DS

Do the results of the previous session or sessions have any influence on the current session bankroll amount you chose?

BTW: Congrats on mastering the most important aspect of the game. You can have a huge advantage and still lose money if you don't have realistic bankroll expectations.

Dark Side

Post by Dark Side » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:42 pm

mssthis1 wrote: Do the results of the previous session or sessions have any influence on the current session bankroll amount you chose?

BTW: Congrats on mastering the most important aspect of the game. You can have a huge advantage and still lose money if you don't have realistic bankroll expectations.
The previous sessions have no influence on the next bankroll. The only influences are the good and bad choices.

Thank you. A realistic bankroll situation is part of the deal. Having the discipline to stay within the bankroll win or loss is the most important part of the game. When I hit my mark, I'm done regardless of the situation.