Dice Doctor Plays

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

acpa

Re: Dice Doctor Plays

Post by acpa » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:17 pm

One of the Dice Doctors plays that I have used at time when I am playing the don't on my own shooting consists of starting with a DP, repeating it until I get a point.

After a point, follow up with DC bets until I lose one of my DP/DC bets. Stop betting if I lose the One of the D C bets.

Ideal result is to get all the points covered with  don't bet and then roll the 7 and when all six bets.

I don't play the don't often on my own bet and have only hit the ideal situation twice if I remember correctly.

Noah

Cap-n_Lou

Post by Cap-n_Lou » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:50 pm

Great reading about Mr. Grafstein. Thanks everyone for the stories and takeaways.

Dylanfreake

Post by Dylanfreake » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:34 am

bahdwoy,

In the Pensioner`s play , after you have three bets up and the shooter knocks of two of them and you win one wager then you would have two chips , so you would play a one unit DP and a one unit DC.

Where you would parlay a wager , is when you get one wager up, then attempt to get another wager (DC) but lose to a natural or the DC goes to the point which knocks off the DP, then you quit betting while holding one chip in your hand. Then the DC , having gone down to a natural or the established DC getting taken down by the shooter , results in using the one unit in your hand being wagered on the next shooter and being parlayed if the one unit wager wins.

Moe Bettor

Post by Moe Bettor » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:28 pm

DP for $15 drop $1 on yo if you want. Get pt and DC for $10. One more roll, then both bets get odds. If 7 doesn't hit in four rolls, everything down. Place 6 and 8 when they appear. If a pt., whether lay or place doesn't make money in 3 rolls..what's the point of the point?

elric

Post by elric » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:34 pm

I love the Fireman play and the Stretch play. I have also played a number of his don't plays. My normal craps play is the Fireman.

elric

Post by elric » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:35 pm

Oh and his book is available on Amazon in kindle format which is nice to have.

Dylanfreake

Post by Dylanfreake » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:04 pm

Going back and reading articles about The Dice Doctor, I read MP`s post about the association with Eddie Melo . Curiously , I googled "Eddie Melo" and sarted reading about Melo, Eli Askov and Maxie Bluestein and the Canadian, New York Mafia. I read all afternoon about happenings in Toronto, Hamilton , Canada and Rochester, NY. To me it was as interesting as reading about the mob stories in and around Las Vegas.

But what has happened to MP? I went over to Dice Institute to see if more was posted about Sam Grafstein and there were few recent posts. Maybe I am behind times?

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:13 pm

He and Mrs MP have been on an extended world tour the last few months - sort of a celebration of her being declared cancer free after many years.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy