Use to have a Clue - but lost it!

The forum name says it all. You're new to the game of craps and don't have a clue where to begin. Pass Line. Don't Pass. Come. Don't Come. Hardways. Big Six. Big Eight. The Horn. Good Grief! Sounds like back when you were trying to make a decision about what to do in the back seat on that first car date. Well never fear! There are a few folks around here who have spent enough time at the tables to be able to answer just about any question you may have. So step right up and get a clue!

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

Maddog

Re: Use to have a Clue - but lost it!

Post by Maddog » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:34 pm

Hey Dave! Good to see you posting again... I'll never forget that session at Main Street Station. Ridiculous number of hard eights and I had my place eight pressed to the highest I'd ever been on the eight up to that point in my journey.

Very happy about your return and looking forward to your postings.

/MD

Raider

Post by Raider » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:59 pm

Wecome back. That makes three of us that are retruning to the Dice. dognponyshow, you and myself. I have been off for 7 or 8 years, and its funny, I have made about 3 months of progress in the past 4 weeks, just upgraded my underlay. You didn't lose the clue you had, you have a better clue now. The changes I have made to my training wouldn't ha occured to me when I was starting.
Physics Trumps Probability

DoSA

Post by DoSA » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:49 pm

London Shooter Ref: the darts – Played on base mainly, never any pro tournaments. I’d watch them on TV with my mouth wide open. If your old enough you might remember the LifeSaver challenge? Already heard good thing about you, maybe one day we can get together.
Maddog!!! Good to hear from you. The Dice GOD’s were smiling on the 6’s and 8’s that day. I have already been putting BT to use. I really had to dust off the cob-webs. Gotta admit arm is a bit sore!!! Talk about out of shape.
Raider: it’s actually good to be back. Thanks for the welcome.
There was more to me leaving that just my arms being numb and my back issues. My business partner decided he need to help himself to a very LARGE advance while I was in LV. He said he’d pay it back in 2 weeks – well two month later I had him sign some papers and he was out the door. But it was a bit to late our operating capital was gone and to make the final payroll it came right out of my pocket. So, I had to get a regular job and punch a clock LOL.
Now it’s finally time for me to retire. Our plan is to move to Florida once the wife retires. We are looking at the Tampa area pretty hard.

House of Orange

Post by House of Orange » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:33 am

Check out Lakewood Ranch 34202. Move in next to Dickie V!

stratocasterman

Post by stratocasterman » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:42 pm

Great that you are here again and you'll get your clue back I'm sure. Nice to meet you.

Wow...surprised about the darters here! Never really thought about it that much but, wonder how many here have thrown in League/Tournaments? I threw on teams for about 12 years with a few City Championships under the belt. Tournaments were always fun especially meeting new people from other states/countries. LS...Played in a Tournament once with the multiple time World Champ, Phil Taylor. Didn't get to play him though...just as well, he'd have eaten me for lunch!
What Heavy said...
"Get in, get up, get gone"

220Inside

Post by 220Inside » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:19 pm

I played in tournaments back in the day. My team would get sponsored to play. I was a strong B level, solid A level rated shooter. My highlights included beating the MA and VT state champs. I'm sure both of those were lightning strikes though :)

stratocasterman

Post by stratocasterman » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:19 pm

22Inside wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:19 pm I played in tournaments back in the day. My team would get sponsored to play. I was a strong B level, solid A level rated shooter. My highlights included beating the MA and VT state champs. I'm sure both of those were lightning strikes though
Excellent! Yes, I played A and B Leagues mostly, local Tournaments and Tournaments in AR, MO, OK, TN and LA. Big fun! Can't hardly find a pub with a board here in Manila. :cry:
What Heavy said...
"Get in, get up, get gone"

SteveO

Post by SteveO » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:02 am

Hey Dave! Welcome back.