Are "2" "3" "11" and "12" stickman bets prop bets?

The forum name says it all. You're new to the game of craps and don't have a clue where to begin. Pass Line. Don't Pass. Come. Don't Come. Hardways. Big Six. Big Eight. The Horn. Good Grief! Sounds like back when you were trying to make a decision about what to do in the back seat on that first car date. Well never fear! There are a few folks around here who have spent enough time at the tables to be able to answer just about any question you may have. So step right up and get a clue!

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

mainframe

Are "2" "3" "11" and "12" stickman bets prop bets?

Post by mainframe » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:08 am

All,
I have been playing craps since 2010 and I've come to understand most of the bets. I am not 100% familiar with all of the bets on the center of the layout by the stickman because they are really low EV bets.
I know there are a number of "proposition bets" that are "one roll" bets where its resolved and you win or lose based on the outcome of the very next roll. The "C" and "E" bets are prop bets, as are the various hop bets.

On the layout by the stickman there are places for "aces (2)" "3" "yo (11)" and "boxcars (12)". I know these are used for combo bets like "horn high yo".
My question is this: If you wish to bet on an individual number 2, 3, 11, or 12, is it considered a proposition (one roll) bet. The reason I ask is because I have been at various craps tables in eastern PA, in CT, and in Atlantic City, and it seems that the stickman doesn't clear off these bets after one roll. It seems the stickman is treating these bets the way he would a "hard way" bet...they are standing bets until they win or the seven is rolled.

Is it possible that the house rules on the east coast are different regarding these four bets? Is it possible that alot of sitckman are making mistakes during a game with a lot of bets on the table and a lot of action?

Please help clarify for me.

--Mainframe

stratocasterman

Re: Are "2" "3" "11" and "12" stickman bets prop bets?

Post by stratocasterman » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:32 am

One roll bets. If won, that specific bet stays up unless you take it down, or you can press it.
What Heavy said...
"Get in, get up, get gone"

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:27 am

Correct. Your stickman is either not following procedure or the player is tossing money in to keep the bets up after every roll.

Variations on these bets:

Craps Check (Cheque): An Any Craps bet that pays on the 2, 3, or 12
Yo Eleven: Can be set up in the prop box or on one of the small circles to the right or left of the prop box marked "E"
Ace-Deuce: A straight up bet on the three craps
High-Low: A bet on both the two and the twelve craps
Horn: A bet on all four of the numbers we're talking about - the 2, 3, 11, 12. By the way, if you're making this bet be sure you make it in increments of $4.
Horn High (Aces, Ace-Deuce, Yo, or Twelve) - The Horn bet with an additional wager on one number, usually done in increments of $5. A Horn High Twelve for $5 would have $1 each on the 2, 3, 11 and $2 on the 12.
Whirl or World Bet: Similar to the Horn High wager, but the extra dollar is for an Any Sevens bet. If a seven appears when this wager is made the bet is a "push" and stays up for the next toss.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

London Shooter

Post by London Shooter » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:50 pm

Agree with the above. A lot of players like to go "back up" on each roll on such bets and often the stick soon learns their play and will leave original up, receiving money from player in the process.

SHOOTITALL

Post by SHOOTITALL » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:18 pm

In those bets, I actually like the "three way craps", $3 bucks, a buck each on the 2, 3,12. 2 & 12 would pay 30 for one, 3 would pay 15 for one. odds? 4/36 0.111111111 (I said I liked it, not that I bet it)
Your craps plan? The dice gods laughed.

220Inside

Post by 220Inside » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:22 pm

Who doesn't like a good three way? That is my preferred craps bet as well, on those rare times I'm making one.

On the re-buys, if a shooter tosses his money to the box, he'll typically tap the existing bet with the new chips. If money paid to the dealer, he'll call it out to the box person who will generally acknowledge it.